Mcmillan Brothers Actions

I,ve got a McMillan magnum rifle...... action,barrel trigger made by them..... about 20yrs.old.... Quality..... second to none......

Holy Necromancing Heck, this is from 2005. This is a trip down memory lane, it was almost 20 years ago 🤣

Anyways, lots of history here that I'm probably going to butcher, but here goes.

McBros was originally Pat and Gale McMillan, and they made benchrest actions and dies.

Pat sold to a guy named Bill Wiseman, and his barrel business has now become this:

Gale's son Rock went into making rifles as G McMillan Company, then sold the business and (after much drama, legal issues, and Harris trying to use the McMillan name against the family's wishes) it became Harris Barrelworks.

Gale's and his son Kelly ran McMillan Fiberglass Stocks before Kelly passed away, but not before Kelly partnered with Rock again, which is AFAIK the current McBros that are out there. IIRC using McBros was wrapped up in taking the McMillan name back from Harris, and Rock was mainly working with 50 BMG.

McMillan Firearms was started by Ryan McMillan (Kelly's son), was sold to Strategic Armory Corps, and I believe has no relation to either iteration (Pat/Gale or Rock/Kelly) of McBros.

All I know for 100% sure is I have a McBros 50 BMG action stamped as being made in AZ, and it's an absolute tank. 10/10 would recommend if you can get your hands on one. Rare pieces of awesome.

Last edited: