Mcmillan A5 advice???

wildworks

I know alot here have A5'S on there LR guns. I am going to put one on the sako 30-378 and was wondering what options you have that you like and if there was any thing you wish you would have had put on? favorite camo pattern?

thanks

I'll let you know as soon as I try my second one out. The first one I bought is a basic model. The only extra it has are two studs in the front. The one that is going on my 270 AM has a saddle cheek piece and I had the UM flush cups put all over this thing. I'm thinking this will make it much comfortable to carry a 17 lb gun, but we'll see.

Wildworks,

I like the T-slot accessory rail on the forend, one thing it allows you to do is move your bipod back to increase up/down hill shooting angle. I built a round grooved stud that sticks out from the front of the forend to set in the Stoney Point "stix". I have alot of them film dipped in Mossyoak Breakup when they are finished.

Shawn

Can you put up a picture of the stud for the shooitng stix. Around here a bipod is not a great tool because of waist high weeds. I love to build weird things and I like shooting off of sticks- one I pick up or ones I buy.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.