McMillan A4 Ready To Ship

Brent

McMillan stocks At the LRH Store -- I'm really looking for peoples opinion that have handled and are familiar with both stocks, the differnces between them, and can really give advantages/disadvantages of boths features so I may decide which might be best for me on my 338 LI project.

Thanks for any help.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Brent,
Go with the A5 all the way. Better thought out and much improved over the A4.
Butt hook was moved foward on the A5 to allow more room for a rear bag, fore end is the Winchester Marksman style rides bags better and fits the hand better than the square blocky A4.
Let me put it this way- I have built almost 100 rifles on the A5, have 30 more stocks on order from McMillan. I can't keep 'em in the shop at all!!
Chris

Mr. Matthews,
by the # of rifles you have built, would it be safe to say you work for G.A. Precision?
Or who?
Thanks,
RedMan*

Chris,

Thanks for the most excellent review.
smile.gif
Just what I was looking for.

With your experience with them, what is the largest bbl dia. that fits well while keeping it free floated, 1.25"?

I talked to Kelly when they came out with the first ones and I since had forgotten the butt hook had been moved forward. He said the palm swell was a tad smaller too I think, different somehow with a better fit I do remember. I wish I had one of each to lay hands on up here before I had to decide. If I don't get the chance to, the A5 should be nice.

Thanks again!
smile.gif

RedMan, Chris does indeed work at G.A. Precision.

I have both stocks and perfer the feel of the A4 model. Both stocks have +&- points. A4 hase a better grip feel and I perfer the forend of the A5. My last custom rifle I had built I went with a Maners A4 adjustable stock and love it. Has the best of the A4 & A5 in my opinion. After using this stock for 2 years I will not use a McMillan again. Give them a look at, a whole lot of people are using this stock and swear by them.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.