Mcmillan A3 or HS Precision tactical?

JustC

Mcmillan has changed their tune and come down to 10-12 weeks turn around time. That sounds better than the 16-18 weeks they previously quoted. That being said,.....I was originaly interested in the A3 because I like the Mcmillan weight and I also am partial to the camoflage patterns. I had decided to go HS because of the faster turn around, but now I am in a dilemma.
You can buy McMillan stocks ready to ship at the LRH store

Does anyone have any reason why they prefer one to the other? and why? Am I going to be better off with one manufacturere than the other? This rifle will be bagged and benched all the time, for long range hunting.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
JustC,

I think the McMillans are a tougher stock. They don't chip and they have a thicker outshell.

If it's gonna be bagged and not beaten up,, then it's a moot point.

If you want an A3 right now,, check Tactical Stocks And Supply for their inventory list.
http://www.tacticalstocks.com/

I have an A3, and a HS Marksman,, and I like them both very much,, but the McMillan is the tougher of the two, and feels more solid to me. I'll buy McMillan from here on out, unless I get a smokin' arse deal on an HS or I'm building an M24.

FatBoy...

I agree with Fatboy

McMillan is the way to go! I am also a dedicated McMillan buyer.
wink.gif

You might check out www.masterclassstocks.com also. Alex Sitman gaurantees his bedding and no change of point of impact. I came across these guys from Boyd.I am going to get his High power prone stock which is like the Mcmillan A-3. Great guy to deal with and his turn around time is 6-8 weeks.He has done alot of stock work big name shooters in 1000 yard benchrest.He doesn't offer as many color patterns but a little talkin with him he might do what you want.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.