Mcmillan A3 or HS Precision tactical?

JustC

Mcmillan has changed their tune and come down to 10-12 weeks turn around time. That sounds better than the 16-18 weeks they previously quoted. That being said,.....I was originaly interested in the A3 because I like the Mcmillan weight and I also am partial to the camoflage patterns. I had decided to go HS because of the faster turn around, but now I am in a dilemma.
You can buy McMillan stocks ready to ship at the LRH store

Does anyone have any reason why they prefer one to the other? and why? Am I going to be better off with one manufacturere than the other? This rifle will be bagged and benched all the time, for long range hunting.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

FatBoy...

JustC,

I think the McMillans are a tougher stock. They don't chip and they have a thicker outshell.

If it's gonna be bagged and not beaten up,, then it's a moot point.

If you want an A3 right now,, check Tactical Stocks And Supply for their inventory list.
http://www.tacticalstocks.com/

I have an A3, and a HS Marksman,, and I like them both very much,, but the McMillan is the tougher of the two, and feels more solid to me. I'll buy McMillan from here on out, unless I get a smokin' arse deal on an HS or I'm building an M24.

FatBoy...

Nicholas

I agree with Fatboy

McMillan is the way to go! I am also a dedicated McMillan buyer.
wink.gif

Matt27

You might check out www.masterclassstocks.com also. Alex Sitman gaurantees his bedding and no change of point of impact. I came across these guys from Boyd.I am going to get his High power prone stock which is like the Mcmillan A-3. Great guy to deal with and his turn around time is 6-8 weeks.He has done alot of stock work big name shooters in 1000 yard benchrest.He doesn't offer as many color patterns but a little talkin with him he might do what you want.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.