McMillan .260 Rem quality & resale value???

sharpe

I'm new to long-range shooting, and I'd appreciate some advice from you experienced folks. What do you think about both the quality and the resale value of a McMillan rifle in .260 Remington? The rifle is not their full custom job, but the features include a 22" shilen stainless match barrel, trigger job, trued threads & action face, Remington 700 action, aluminum pillar bedding & free floated barrel. I've ordered a Hill Country Rifles Harvester .260 rem rifle, but it won't be ready until September. And being a high school teacher with the summer off to shoot, waiting to get my new rifle until school starts and life gets crazy kinda hurts. So I thought about getting this for the summer at $1800, then selling it when my new rifle is ready. But since i haven't hit the lottery yet, I don't want to lose big bucks reselling it in September. What do you think? Thanks in advance! - Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.