McGuire Ballistics review

Ed AO

I had the pleasure to shoot these bullets last hunting season out of my 30 SM. I used the 195 with a .700 g1, which i did use during hunting season. Looks close to a .350 G7. Still need to go shoot that to confirm. What separates this mono from others is the tip. It looks like a solid copper bullet from top to bottom but behind the tip is a cavity. How Sam does this, I don't know, but he has patents on it. This bullet was very easy to load for, I had a load very quickly with RL26. I have a 24" bartlein carbon barrel with a 1:9". During elk season, I figured my first blood would be under 100yds which would be the norm where I hunt in Oregon. I was wrong, after a morning hunt down low with nothing to go after, we went up in the woods where basically everyone else is at. Pickups everywhere, including the clear cut we were going to check. We got to end of the road and whipped out the trusty swaro nl pures. Spot a legal bull. We got in a rush to setup because the elk were close to another road and could be spotted at any moment. The lighting conditions were tricky but got a range on the bull at 981. I let it fly and hit. Spotter and I watched it go forward a couple steps and do the front leg death spread. As soon as he tried to pick up his front leg again he dropped dead. Getting all the organs out, I punched it right through the heart and got lungs also. There was a hole on the opposite side front leg with blood coming out, I thought it passed through. Skinning him out later the bullet poked a hole on the offside hide and went back under the hide. I was very impressed with this bullet. This shot was at 700ft elevation. I'm going to try and get some close shots with these and will report back. I've seen some close shots that Sam sent me and I have no doubt they will do the job! Just wanted people to know these could be a great option and definitely worth a try. Sam says he's very anal about quality control and it shows with his product. This is one kill only I know but one heck of a first test.

3D136162-FD4B-43D4-998A-5F179428949B.jpeg
730124E8-1960-4E3B-850C-EC2E01554CD1.jpeg

D22B3A29-CDA0-4B6B-91BB-4150C2BEADAC.jpeg

6CAA09A5-5825-4A38-80B5-6A6BC704B0A7.jpeg
4F813E93-424A-464E-8B1D-D386E9B901E9.jpeg
5E1114E8-27A7-449D-A7FA-DF6E23CC692B.jpeg

5CAF3650-F7FF-4A7D-8401-A77C917816F1.jpeg

This is after season putting on the suppressor.

I had the pleasure to shoot these bullets last hunting season out of my 30 SM. I used the 195 with a .700 g1, which i did use during hunting season. Looks close to a .350 G7. Still need to go shoot that to confirm. What separates this mono from others is the tip. It looks like a solid copper bullet from top to bottom but behind the tip is a cavity. How Sam does this, I don't know, but he has patents on it. This bullet was very easy to load for, I had a load very quickly with RL26. I have a 24" bartlein carbon barrel with a 1:9". During elk season, I figured my first blood would be under 100yds which would be the norm where I hunt in Oregon. I was wrong, after a morning hunt down low with nothing to go after, we went up in the woods where basically everyone else is at. Pickups everywhere, including the clear cut we were going to check. We got to end of the road and whipped out the trusty swaro nl pures. Spot a legal bull. We got in a rush to setup because the elk were close to another road and could be spotted at any moment. The lighting conditions were tricky but got a range on the bull at 981. I let it fly and hit. Spotter and I watched it go forward a couple steps and do the front leg death spread. As soon as he tried to pick up his front leg again he dropped dead. Getting all the organs out, I punched it right through the heart and got lungs also. There was a hole on the opposite side front leg with blood coming out, I thought it passed through. Skinning him out later the bullet poked a hole on the offside hide and went back under the hide. I was very impressed with this bullet. This shot was at 700ft elevation. I'm going to try and get some close shots with these and will report back. I've seen some close shots that Sam sent me and I have no doubt they will do the job! Just wanted people to know these could be a great option and definitely worth a try. Sam says he's very anal about quality control and it shows with his product. This is one kill only I know but one heck of a first test.

View attachment 434388View attachment 434389
View attachment 434392
View attachment 434404View attachment 434409View attachment 434413
View attachment 434415
This is after season putting on the suppressor.
Excellent! Congrats on your successful harvest and enjoy the good eats.

Congrats on your success! I've witnessed these bullets in action and am impressed as well. Hopefully others with do some research and give the Copper Rose a try, any shot angle within rated impact velocity DRT!

Congrats on your success! I've witnessed these bullets in action and am impressed as well. Hopefully others with do some research and give the Copper Rose a try, any shot angle within rated impact velocity DRT!
Appreciate that. Can't wait to see more results with these bullets.

Recent Posts