Yep. And southern white tails don't have but about 3 mouth fulls of meat on the shoulder. I'll sacrifice that for an immediate anchor.

I can only assume. Maybe machined boat tail hollow point cylinder, then swaged/rolled down to a point……thin thin nose.

I'm sure someone here knows the answer
It wouldn't surprise me if it's machined and then swaged or extruded.

Eh, as long as it wasn't my own heart bein pricked from my TX end... 😎 Yah in all seriousness, that's where good monos shine.
I ran a 30 caliber 124 grain Hammer Hunter @ 3400FPS ( 30-06) from Ham out the brisket on a buck that turned hard walking away after I had committed to the trigger last year a little north of Del Rio , Texas , needless to say what his insides looked like when we opened him up!

Last edited:
Anyone sectioned/cut one of these bullets in 1/2 to see what the cavity looks like?

Does the manufacturer list a minimum velocity for expansion?

I'll look at the website here in a minute, but these sound good for fast twist, loaded long cartridges

I checked out the website and Facebook page (using wife's log in)--- still not much info to glean---- lots of pics of animals on the Facebook pg, single pics of bullets on web page. I'd like to see more info-- seems like 7mm needs at least 1:9 twist-- wonder if 9.25 or 9.5 would be an issue, 308s were min of 1:10--- no mention of reload data, minimum expansion velocity, etc. Looks like around $2/bullet. I see they jave "cheaper hollow point" bullets but no bc numbers listed for those-- I wonder of the hp is the first step in the process before swedging/forming the nose?

Last edited:
Anyone sectioned/cut one of these bullets in 1/2 to see what the cavity looks like?

I'll look at the website here in a minute, but these sound good for fast twist, loaded long cartridges
That would be a good one for @Petey308 to do. I looked at the mushroomed bullet and can see the thin wall of the nose section. Also in some of the loaded ammunition photos you can see a "ring" in the nose section. That suggests a very soft nose which could be due to a thin wall nose. If that's true I can see how these bullets mushroom like they do even with a small or non existent hollowpoint.

Last edited:

I checked out the website and Facebook page (using wife's log in)--- still not much info to glean---- lots of pics of animals on the Facebook pg, single pics of bullets on web page. I'd like to see more info-- seems like 7mm needs at least 1:9 twist-- wonder if 9.25 or 9.5 would be an issue, 308s were min of 1:10--- no mention of reload data, minimum expansion velocity, etc. Looks like around $2/bullet. I see they jave "cheaper hollow point" bullets but no bc numbers listed for those-- I wonder of the hp is the first step in the process before swedging/forming the nose?
@Petey308, we need ya brother!

Holy smokes the free ground shipping on all orders over 200 USD would have some massive draw and incentive for me to try these. I'm assuming international customers wouldn't be eligible But that's a great offer. Shipping costs is what makes me end up not buying a given product 9 out of 10 times.
Shipping down here in the states wouldn't be much of a factor. I guess I could justify it this way. My calculations of converting the G1 of .800 BC to G7 would give me .410. So I'd have a BC like the 180 gr ELDM in a 168 gr pill. If the bullet's external and terminal ballistics performed well in my rifle then I could easily justify the bullet's cost.

My good buddy, that shoots a ton on ELR, said he trued the 168's at .715 G1 BC out to 1250 yards. I definitely trust his word, because he has no reason to say otherwise. I also feel like .715 G1 seems more realistic.

I'm also not sure where everyone keeps getting .800G1 BC from on this 168gr. bullet? Their website state .750G1 estimated.

My good buddy, that shoots a ton on ELR, said he trued the 168's at .715 G1 BC out to 1250 yards. I definitely trust his word, because he has no reason to say otherwise. I also feel like .715 G1 seems more realistic.

I'm also not sure where everyone keeps getting .800G1 BC from on this 168gr. bullet? Their website state .750G1 estimated.
The OP said he trued the 168 gr G1 .800. But even @ .715 G1 that calculates out to .367 G7, which is still very good.

Do you know the twist is on his barrel? TIA