A LOT less meat damage and loss with the copper monolithics. Especially if the bullet hits muscle.

Really no comparison at all to thin-jacketed lead-core bullets. The wound channel is so much different. If you feel nausea at the sight of mangled, jellied meat on your just harvested game animals, might wanna try one of the copper monolithics.

Take your pick. Your choice.

But I wouldn't have continued using lathe-turned copper monolithics for the past 7yrs if they weren't lethal.
At what range have you used the McGuire Ballistics?

I have never owned or shot a Mcguire Ballistics manufactured bullet.
Have taken large game with some other lathe-turned bullets out to 800yds. Haven't had a shot opportunity past that distance.

Have you ever shot a large game animal with a lathe-turned copper mono bullet?

I don't consider Barnes bullets to be lathe-turned. They may be cut on a machine lathe. But their surface doesn't appear lathe-turned to my eyes. Barnes bullets have been less deadly over the years in my personal use, compared to the more recent custom lathe-turned copper monos. I've shot some Barnes bullets since the early 90s, off and on. Had some impressive results. Some less impressive.

For the past 7 seasons, I've been satisfied with copper mono terminal performance on brown bear, grizzly bear, moose, caribou, Mt. Goat, and dall rams. 175lb up to 1,200lb estimated live weights.

Never said you'll love them. Said you might try them. Your choice.

I have never owned or shot a Mcguire Ballistics manufactured bullet.
Have taken large game with some other lathe-turned bullets out to 800yds. Haven't had a shot opportunity past that distance.

Have you ever shot a large game animal with a lathe-turned copper mono bullet?

I don't consider Barnes bullets to be lathe-turned. They may be cut on a machine lathe. But their surface doesn't appear lathe-turned to my eyes. Barnes bullets have been less deadly over the years in my personal use, compared to the more recent custom lathe-turned copper monos. I've shot some Barnes bullets since the early 90s, off and on. Had some impressive results. Some less impressive.

For the past 7 seasons, I've been satisfied with copper mono terminal performance on brown bear, grizzly bear, moose, caribou, Mt. Goat, and dall rams. 175lb up to 1,200lb estimated live weights.

Never said you'll love them. Said you might try them. Your choice.
Okay so what bullet, cartridge and muzzle velocity? Do you have any terminal pictures? By definition bullets cut on a lathe are lathe turned. Whether on a manual lathe, CNC, or swiss machine.

There is a hollow void behind that tip that is somehow machined out.
Yeah....that automagic void in the nose is a giant hang-up for me....how do we get from pointy to mushroom here??

6.5.jpg

There's two sides to that coin. Given the extremes of blood shot meat due to extreme trauma or losing game due to not enough trauma I'll take the blood shot meat.
Yep. And southern white tails don't have but about 3 mouth fulls of meat on the shoulder. I'll sacrifice that for an immediate anchor.
Yeah....that automagic void in the nose is a giant hang-up for me....how do we get from pointy to mushroom here??

6.5.jpg
I can only assume. Maybe machined boat tail hollow point cylinder, then swaged/rolled down to a point……thin thin nose.

I'm sure someone here knows the answer

Yep. And southern white tails don't have but about 3 mouth fulls of meat on the shoulder. I'll sacrifice that for an immediate anchor.

I can only assume. Maybe machined boat tail hollow point cylinder, then swaged/rolled down to a point……thin thin nose.

I'm sure someone here knows the answer
They are machined but not swaged- its some sort of design process he had patents on, but its not swaged. somehow that hollow area is machined behind it

Okay so what bullet, cartridge and muzzle velocity? Do you have any terminal pictures? By definition bullets cut on a lathe are lathe turned. Whether on a manual lathe, CNC, or swiss machine.
Take it or leave it... I'm not gonna prepare a thesis...

If you're happy with the terminal performance of the bullets you've been using, stick with those.

275gr copper mono .338 caliber. One shot thru the ribs earlier this month, mostly broadside profile. Down and out within 45yds.

WP_20230502_21_36_38_Pro.jpg

This is my 4th post in this Thread stating I haven't owned or shot any McGuire Ballistics bullets. But I'm following along based on what I've read about them so far.

Recent Posts