Mcgowen vs shilen vs criterion

I'd have a hard time steering you away from Shilen and Criterion especially. Like you, I've used them both on my Savages with fantastic results. Admittedly, I do not have experience with McGowan barrels, but hey...nothing ventured, nothing gained. 😉

I like McGowen barrels and get a new barrel every year for one of a bunch of rifles. Excellent service & product. Gun-smith great to work with, personal attention to project and chambers barrel as per dummy cartridge. My last one was a 8 twist 6mm-06. Large selection of barrel contours, chambering, and actions. Cerro-coat available.

I have had considerable experience with Lilja, Douglas, & Hart.

I recently decided to build and chamber my first custom rifle and went with a stainless 1:8 twist 7mm mcgowen barrel. So far only fire forming loads but it shows really good potential.

I've heard great things about all these, but I'm gonna be that guy who goes off list. I just put an x-caliber on my old 10 fcp smithed by crown ridge. They were amazing to deal with. They keep only a few shapes and twist rates on hand but if those work for you you'll have your barrel within a week. All I've done is pressure test yesterday but I'm pleased already. 10 shot strings covering 4-5 grains were under an inch. I was barely trying, just getting them down the pipe.

When I was shopping and asking around I heard a lot of great things about your three choices listed. McGowen was my runner up mainly based on the amount of information they have on their site, profile weights and all that. I just like that kind of detail. Plus their profile list is bananas and their chamber list is great.

Anyone with experience with these 3 barrels please speak up. I'm buying one for a savage 110. I've used shilen and criterion with great results. But I was kinda wanting to try a mcgowen. Sell me or turn me away.
I know a lot of barrel nut brothers that have excellent luck with your choices. I have 5 more weeks of wait time on my first McGowen pre-fit barrel. I also have X-Caliber pre-ft barrel that I am very pleased with.

I've had good experiences with criterion. I have had good experiences with x- caliber also. Never have got around to McGowan or shilen yet.

I have three McGowen Remage barrels: .260 Ackley, .243 Ackley, .22-250 Ackley (see a trend?). All mounted on Remington actions that had the action and bolt faces trued. All are shooters. I plan to order another in 6mm Creedmoor when they have their next sale.

I've heard great things about all these, but I'm gonna be that guy who goes off list. I just put an x-caliber on my old 10 fcp smithed by crown ridge. They were amazing to deal with. They keep only a few shapes and twist rates on hand but if those work for you you'll have your barrel within a week. All I've done is pressure test yesterday but I'm pleased already. 10 shot strings covering 4-5 grains were under an inch. I was barely trying, just getting them down the pipe.

When I was shopping and asking around I heard a lot of great things about your three choices listed. McGowen was my runner up mainly based on the amount of information they have on their site, profile weights and all that. I just like that kind of detail. Plus their profile list is bananas and their chamber list is great.
I have used several barrels from crown ridge barrel works. Great guy to work with. Short turn around as well.

Anyone with experience with these 3 barrels please speak up. I'm buying one for a savage 110. I've used shilen and criterion with great results. But I was kinda wanting to try a mcgowen. Sell me or turn me away.
I have friends that have built & owned CF guns & ML's & SML's with Mcgowen & Shilen barrels on them. But I'm not familiar with Criterian barrels.
May I suggest that you look into the value, pros/cons of the difference between " Cut rifle barrels " & " Button rifle barrels " before deciding.

I've got a CarbonSix barrel on my 7 STW, which is a McGowen blank that is carbon wrapped. It shoots tiny groups.
Put together a Remage 280AI with a Criterion barrel. It's a sub moa shooter all day. Remember, Krieger makes the Criterion barrels.
I've been very pleased with both barrels and wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.
I'm going to have McGowen make a replacement barrel for my Sako 75 when the barrel is torched.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of them. Plus, I feel pretty much all the barrel makers out there these days make a quality product