Maybe I missed something

ofdscooby

Hey guys maybe I missed something but I'm a pretty simple shooter. I set up my 7 mag with 168 Berger VLD hunters and now that I'm finally running out they seem to be super scarce. I know we're in the middle of a world wide freak out in regards to components. But even before the great freak out it seems like the boxes of 500 disappeared and they are harder to find. Did I miss something are they being phased out. Should I be looking at the 175 elites? Thanks for any info you can send my way.

Hey guys maybe I missed something but I'm a pretty simple shooter. I set up my 7 mag with 168 Berger VLD hunters and now that I'm finally running out they seem to be super scarce. I know we're in the middle of a world wide freak out in regards to components. But even before the great freak out it seems like the boxes of 500 disappeared and they are harder to find. Did I miss something are they being phased out. Should I be looking at the 175 elites? Thanks for any info you can send my way.
Nowadays by what you can find, once you have some then look for what you want

No importer in Australia for the last 2 years.
Individuals were bringing in some certain cals, but the import rules changed again and they were locked out.
I can't get any 215 or 210 for F-class, so I have switched to Nosler CC 190g. In Hunter class, I am using Nosler 210g ABLR.

Cheers.

Thanks Ill just keep waiting and searching. I seem to be able to find stuff I need if I keep grinding but these thigs have eluded me.

They are "out there" from, time to Time. My son scored a couple of, Boxes of those at, Scheels,.. a couple of Months, ago !
You have to LOOK,.. EVERYWHERE But, Berger IS, shipping Bullets all, the Time ( just different, Flavors ! ).
Try,.. Scheels, Midsouth, Precision Reloading, Creedmoor Sports, On the Mark, Reloading International, Bluecollar Reloading, Brownells and lastly,.. "gouging" ole',.. Midway ! THEY can be found, IF you want them, Bad enough ! And IF, you see them,.. GRAB them ! I've missed out, a couple of times by, waiting ( piddling around ),.. a few, Hours !
I scored 2 Bx's of, Berger 108 grain, Elite Hunters for, my 6 XC Today at, Midsouth !

Could be the same problem that CCI is having. They don't have enough drivers to move their product to distributors. Supposedly they claim to have their warehouses full of inventory, but they can't deliver because they just don't have enough drivers with hazmat certification.

For what it's worth, my local shooters shop has the Berger 7mm 168gr VLD Target in stock. Boxes of 100. Good luck

Last edited:
Could be the same problem that CCI is having. They don't have enough drivers to move their product to distributors. Supposedly they claim to have their warehouses full of inventory, but they can't deliver because they just don't have enough drivers with hazmat certification.
Primers require haz-mat, bullets don't...

Bad timing is all. We had an election with guess who winning. "Better buy everything firearms related". And then a pandemic "Better buy whatever is left at any price!".