May have fallen victim to an Ebay scam 😕

I did talk to him on the phone..... definitely sounds Russian. Time will tell I guess 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230327_192805_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230327_192805_Messages.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20230327_192809_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230327_192809_Messages.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 83
Ok good to know!!!
It took quite a while, had to file claim with ebay-- took them a while for them to step in as they wanted to give the seller time to fix the problem-- then had to file a local police report, then get a copy of it, then upload it to eBay, then they had to let a "consideration board" review it- then they said they would refund, finally got the full refund about 2-3 months later....but at least I got my $ back.

Good luck

It took quite a while, had to file claim with ebay-- took them a while for them to step in as they wanted to give the seller time to fix the problem-- then had to file a local police report, then get a copy of it, then upload it to eBay, then they had to let a "consideration board" review it- then they said they would refund, finally got the full refund about 2-3 months later....but at least I got my $ back.

Good luck
I appreciate that man..... good to know! Hopefully I get refunded at some point

The y12 nuke is a real thing so that's good. I would lean towards not a scam if he's still replying and answered your call. Usually they would be long gone with your money and not be communicating trying to make it right.
Yea man clinging to any hope!

So I buy a Steiner M7XI IFS 4-28x56 on Ebay..... price was right about what I would expect as I've seen places like Europtic clearing them out and marking them down...... Didn't think $5,200 was a far fetched price.

Anywho, I get the scope today THE M7XI (no IFS). I immediately contacted the seller, who blamed it on Steiner. Said he had Steiner fix a scope of his, he has been waiting and they must have sent HIS scope to me instead of the right one. Not sure if Steiner even direct-ships scopes..... maybe they do. Then gave me a story about how he had to quit shooting because of his lung cancer (could be legit; if so I'm a horrible human being)........

Long story short he said he called Steiner and they will be contacting me tomorrow to make it right. I highly doubt it. At this point I'm not even confident that what I was shipped was an actual Steiner..... maybe some Chinese knockoff. Guess we'll know soon enough but it certainly appears like I'll be out of $5,200 🤦‍♂️
Definitely contact ebay regardless just so they can make a note of it. They have buyers protection for that very reason.

Just contact Ebay, you WILL get your money back. I sold on ebay and never once won a dispute as a seller. I even had a guy buy a set of S&W original grips and slipped his screw driver through the checkering when installing. He demanded a return for "not as shown/described" even though the pictures clearly showed it wasn't there in the listing Ebay refunded him, and pulled the money from my account. Bottom line is it's not the model that's in the add, just contact Ebay and explain. They have 100% buyer protection, and will give you a return mailing label and refund. Tell the seller to figure it out and when he has the correct scope in his hands let you know so you can consider purchasing it if you want to. Good luck!

Agree, but I highly doubt I'll see an actual refund if he's a scammer
I got my money returned for not receiving a item. That was due to the guys health. Being in hospital. But not till I filed a complaint they eBay. I would give it a week n see if he makes it right.