May Hammer Bullet of the Month

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
A bit slow getting this done this month, but we decided to make the May bullet of the month the .243(6mm) 88g Hammer Hunter the bullet of the month for May. This is a great choice for the 243 caliber cartridges that have a barrel twist of 1-8" or faster. We have loaded this bullet in my Ruger American 6mm Creed and a custom 6 Creed. Both rifles are short 22" barrels and with h4350 were able to run nicely at a bit over 3300 fsp. I used this combo last year to take a nice big cow elk at about 300y. Bullet performed very well.

It was at the edge if dark and we had 3 elk on the ground needing to be broke down and hung in trees. All was done gutless. Forgot to take glory pics!

Heck I just took 2 trophy impala in Africa with a 17 Hornet and 21g Hammer Hunters. 100 ish yards both frontal one and done. Not advocating this cartridge for this size game but wanted to prove a point to myself.

It was at the edge if dark and we had 3 elk on the ground needing to be broke down and hung in trees. All was done gutless. Forgot to take glory pics!

Heck I just took 2 trophy impala in Africa with a 17 Hornet and 21g Hammer Hunters. 100 ish yards both frontal one and done. Not advocating this cartridge for this size game but wanted to prove a point to myself.
If everyone shot Hammer bullets there wouldn't be any arguments around camp what was the best cartridge they would all be good .Thanks Steve for good old American ingenuity

Does the bullet of the month carry through up here for your Canadian customers? Was wanting to try this bullet in my 7 twist 6 dasher.

Does the bullet of the month carry through up here for your Canadian customers? Was wanting to try this bullet in my 7 twist 6 dasher.
When you order from our website the discount would apply. If ordering from Georges Shooting Shack it would not.

Your website said there was going to be a delay the last batch I ordered. Wasn't much of a delay in case anybody is wondering. Still blows me away to see bullets touching or making one hole on a ladder.

Your website said there was going to be a delay the last batch I ordered. Wasn't much of a delay in case anybody is wondering. Still blows me away to see bullets touching or making one hole on a ladder.
We put that banner up on our website while we were in Africa. We don't want to quit hunting because we started a business in the hunting industry! So some guys saw a couple of weeks of delay. Otherwise we are committed to getting our orders out within a day or two of getting them. Many we get out the day we get the order.

Glad to hear your results were good! Thanks!

Probably not the right spot but I'm working up loads for a 22 creedmoor, 1-7 twist 26" . This will be used for long range coyotes. It's appearing that the 83 gr hammers are going to be well past the 90 gr berger vld's but haven't finished yet.plus, numerous 2 shot groups of the hammers are touching and making one hole. So I'm thinking the hammers will be the final but will test to 1000 yards when done. So my question is , if I'm 2-300fps faster with the hammers at safe pressure, am I wasting my primers on the bergers ? The bergers are currently about an inch but really just been shooting for pressure and sure I can squeeze .5 or less out of them but not sure which will perform best at longer distances. Sorry if there's a better place to pose the question