Maven binos, wow!

Techy

Decide to get some new binos. The 9x45 b.2's are just plain good.

After hours of research and playing with different pairs I decided to give Maven a try. Great warranty, small company in Wyoming, and great glass. So far I can't say enough good about them. Was playing around after sunset and they did awesome in low light. Of course, they have abbe-koenig prisms, so that is expected. Edge to edge is great, the focus knob is amazing.

For what it's worth meopta meostar was my second choice. They are in similar category, but I think maven has the better warranty.

If anyone is interested in new glass I recommend giving them a try. They occupy the category just below alpha, but way below in price.

No I am not affiliated with them in any way. I am just a happy customer and thought I'd pass along a good report if anyone is looking for glass in the 1k dollar category. IMO they are worth it, and tough to beat quality wise for the money. Warranty seems similar to Vortex, just better quality imo.

I should add I have the b.5 also in 18x56, I just haven't got to play with those as much but so far so good on those also.

I see people talking about Maven on rokslide all the time! They just came out with a new spotter yesterday. It's the c series 15-45x65. I will probably go that route instead of the Athlon that I was leaning towards.

A better warranty than Meopta's 30 year transferable warranty must be a good one. Glad you like the Maven's. They should serve you well for many years. I like that they come from Wyoming! The Meopta "Transferable" won me over, along with a great discount for my profession.

I like my B2 11x45's a lot. Especially at the price point. Really amazed when I put them on a tripod.

A better warranty than Meopta's 30 year transferable warranty must be a good one. Glad you like the Maven's. They should serve you well for many years. I like that they come from Wyoming! The Meopta "Transferable" won me over, along with a great discount for my profession.

Yep, better. Meopta covers factory defects.

Maven covers even if it is your fault and it is lifetime. Unconditional lifetime. Maven is transferable also I believe.

I considered kaibabs for the big set, but the big mavens had longer eye relief and most say the higher end mavens are a step up from the higher end vortex. So far that send to be the case according to my eyes

I've had my 11x45's for about 3 years now. I've put them next to EL Swaro's and there isn't a significant difference between them, especially for $1500-$2000 less. I'm also getting ready to order the C series spotting scope, looks to be a really nice optic for the price point compared to the Athlon and Vortex in that $500-$750 range.

I've had my 11x45's for about 3 years now. I've put them next to EL Swaro's and there isn't a significant difference between them, especially for $1500-$2000 less. I'm also getting ready to order the C series spotting scope, looks to be a really nice optic for the price point compared to the Athlon and Vortex in that $500-$750 range.

That's some high praise. Good to hear

So I played but with the 18x. Was looking at a stop sign a little over 2 miles away. My buddy says he can read the word STOP on it. It is hard to tell because you know what the word is, but i think I can. If not, it is darn close. I was amazed at over 2 miles.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.