Mauser. Stock replacement help?

Topshelfbv

I have a Mauser-werke M96 in 30-06. Great rifle but not crazy about stock. I am having trouble finding a replacement stock for it. I would like a thumb hole style or tactical. Any suggestions?

Defens

Also take a look at Richards Microfit Stocks. I put one of their laminated thumb hole tactical target stocks on a VZ24, and it was a thing of beauty.

Topshelfbv

I tried boyds a few years ago and no luck. I will look again.
I think that this rifle is a little rare I have never seen an action that operates like this one. The bolt doesn't lift at all it cantilevers open and slides forward and back no lift.

RT2506

Boyd's has stocks for the 96 Mauser. Are you sure that it is a M-96? A 30-06 on a small ring Mauser is a recipe for disaster. Are you sure that you don't have a large ring Model 98 Mauser?

shortgrass

There is a modern made M96 made by the Mauser Werk. I think that's what the OP has, as in no way does it resemble the 1896 "Swedish" Mausers. As a modern made rifle, it is more than capable of handling the .30/06 round. I seriously doubt that an after market stock is available for this model. I certainly wouldn't buy anything from Richards MicroFit, unless you are willing to accept lesser quality.

sable tireur

This is the model the poster is asking about which is the Mauser Werke M96 Straight Pull rifle. It was a disaster in marketing and execution. Finding an aftermarket stock will be difficult or impossible at best. You could have a stockmaker use your stock as a guide to make you another style.

Mauser_Werke_M96_Straight_Pull_rifle.jpg