Mauser m18 300wm, anyone handloading?

Regardless of your claims, my only reply is, what is your actual velocity, ES and SD with that miraculous load of yours? If you can hit stuff at 1000 without knowing the ACTUAL VELOCITY, you must be an exceptional shot…..you should be No.1 in LR BR and F-class. My hat goes off to you.
You also claim 3400fps from your 300WM and 150g Speer BT bullets. In what length barrel? Have never seen a 300WM with a barrel shorter than 32" reach anywhere near that velocity with a 150g. BTW, your 150g Speer 150g BT bullet has a lowly BC of .423 G1, do you have a 60MoA rail on your gun?
Yes, I worked in the ballistics lab.
As I stated, just because the powder is listed in the ADI manual, does not make it the correct burn rate. It's listed to sell powder and give low recoil alternatives to the correct burn rate powders.
Your last comment just shows you have no idea what you are talking about.
Please enlighten me of what drop numbers you are using, then maybe, just maybe I could take what you say with a large grain of salt.

Cheers.
😳

Regardless of your claims, my only reply is, what is your actual velocity, ES and SD with that miraculous load of yours? If you can hit stuff at 1000 without knowing the ACTUAL VELOCITY, you must be an exceptional shot…..you should be No.1 in LR BR and F-class. My hat goes off to you.
You also claim 3400fps from your 300WM and 150g Speer BT bullets. In what length barrel? Have never seen a 300WM with a barrel shorter than 32" reach anywhere near that velocity with a 150g. BTW, your 150g Speer 150g BT bullet has a lowly BC of .423 G1, do you have a 60MoA rail on your gun?
Yes, I worked in the ballistics lab.
As I stated, just because the powder is listed in the ADI manual, does not make it the correct burn rate. It's listed to sell powder and give low recoil alternatives to the correct burn rate powders.
Your last comment just shows you have no idea what you are talking about.
Please enlighten me of what drop numbers you are using, then maybe, just maybe I could take what you say with a large grain of salt.

Cheers.
😳
Why would I have to know my velocity Or ES/SD to hit a target at range? That's absolute BS. Its not very difficult to get to this point with lots of practice and a stable/consistent ammo load. For example, i know i have to hold at 9 mils to hit at 1000m, and its very consistent bar the windage which can change at any moment.

As I stated before (if you read my comment again) I never used a chrono with my current load set-up, however with a smaller load of 2208 and large rifle primers I used a friends chrono at just above 2900fps. So the current figure using 61gr and magnum primers is a guestimate which I admitted to, regardless if its accurate in your opinion or not.

I don't really care if you believe me or not, I wouldn't gain anything by lying to you. I'm here to help the OP with hand-loading enquiries.

If my statement gets your panties in a knot, just wait until I tickle some loads on my TRG M10 in 338 LM, and ill show you what things look like at 2000+m.

Thanks ✌

Recent Posts