Mauser Brno

pdog2062

Looking for some information about a rifle that came into our local gun shop,looks like 98 Mauser commercial version,stamped Brno on the left side of the action in front of the bolt release. The barrel is stamped with Brno logo and 270.The stock is walnut with a cheek piece and sporter look.It is a really interesting looking rifle and I would like to know more about it

Looking for some information about a rifle that came into our local gun shop,looks like 98 Mauser commercial version,stamped Brno on the left side of the action in front of the bolt release. The barrel is stamped with Brno logo and 270.The stock is walnut with a cheek piece and sporter look.It is a really interesting looking rifle and I would like to know more about it
Does it have the loading cutout on the lefthand side?
As far as I recall, Brno made the VZ24/ZG47 Mauser actions that were all military copies under license from Germany.
All of my custom 98's are VZ24 actions.

Someone can enlighten me if I'm incorrect.

Cheers.
:)

Can you post photos? This sounds interesting.

I have a non-German small action Mauser style that someone chambered in 220 swift AI. I actually need to cut that barrel in half as even minimal loads are splitting brass with pressure. Going to probably change to 6.5x284 depending on what i'd Need to do to bolt face and mag well.

As suggested, the best way to assist you is for you to post sharp photographs of the rifle you refer to.

There are two models of commercial Brno rifles, 21H and 22F which are Mausers to the bone but have the solid side wall without the thumb cut.

Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.