Mauser 98 WWII Sniper Rifle & Scope AND!!! M-84 Scope NEW IN Box with orginal packing for M1 Grand.

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
I picked up a Mauser 98 from WWII that was a sniper rifle with the scope mounts integrated in the action and barrel. It also has double set triggers. This rifle was converted into a "Sporter" different stock and iron sites on barrel. Not sure the barrel is original due to conversion. I originally was going to tune up and use as a classic hunting rifle. Then thought about taking the action and rebarreling, but the sniper scope mounts are intergrated in the action and two inches of the barrel. This may be an addition to
the action & barrel, Historically and value wise I should keep everything together. Sniper Scope, M98 action, Double set triggers. Fiream is disambled at this time so pictures will come later. I personnaly was going to convert into a hunting rifle without the scope and barrel, but everything is intergrated with SAME SERIAL #S Any thoughts on what I should do??? I am toren, because I keep most of my older firearms. Sell and put the funds to my 284 build or just keep for historicall value and sell later on? I also have an UNUSED in ORGINAL BOX WITH PACKINGING WWII Scope M-84 that was used as a Sniper Scope on a M-1 Grand SS#12xxx. Then my "DIRTY HARRY S&W 29" with Oak box and not been fired. Just some among a few. Where would I sell for best profit or should I just keep like I have for 40-50+ years? Would like advice. Evently when I pass my wife will have to sell everything. You all know what happens then. The price I told my wife I bought guns for apposed what they are really worth. Just hope she has an appraiser and doesn't go by what I told her I paid. Well we both bought a lot of the guns. She's a shooter!!! Thanks much

Please DO NOT part that mauser out. It's a piece of history in my book anyway. If you are seriously interested in selling I would contact the firearm auction house in Rock Island, IL. I'm not sure the exact name of the place but know it's very good with historical guns and military artifacts. Thier auctions bring LOTS of collecters from all over the world. I think it may be the Rock Island Armory and auction house but don't quote me on that. Good luck with it.

Thanks I won't piece out. The serial #s match and the intergrarted scope mounts are for windedge. The machining and dials are extrondary for the scope to mount to the action AND barrel-both are seprarte. Originally thought to use as a "Antique Precision Hunting Rifle". Realistically it is a Power scope and sure that the Germans shot a lot of our US servicemen with this configuration. Excelent for the day. They could shoot communications wires with this let alone soliders. I am at the point that I just can't see some of my firearms collection just setting. AT WHAT POINT DO YOU SELL? I have S&W pistols, Remington Rand 1911 with Ivory Grips - my father's 45 from WWII. I also have vintage railroad telegraphs that my father used on the railroad. Along with a more than a complete set American Flyer Train set for under the Christmas Tree. I have a basement of $s just sitting waiting for someone to take care of it. If I can sell all the valuable items that I have just been holding on to ---I could have some great hunts-don't need to buy anymore firearms-can make my own.

I just looked it up, it's the Rock Island Auction Co. It's tough to part with anything that we hold dear to us but can also agree that we all have to let some stuff go sooner or later.

Thanks. I need to pass on the old and move to something new. My Game Room (Man/Woman Cave) has my wife's and my animal trophies along with displaying some of our prized firearms. I have a hard time parting. Another one of many. Colt Woodsman 22LR 1930s in 98%+ condition, but no box. What a NICE hand held firearm and quality/precision/beauty.
I'll check out the Auction Company. Really have a hard time paying commission, would rather sell to a private individual to avoid commissions/taxes. Then again hard to find buyers unless going through a company.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.