match primers vs. standard

gohring3006

I have a question, I know everyone is going to say work back up. But I was wondering how important is to work up with fed 215 magnum match vs. Standard 215 magnum primers ?
with limited range access I was hoping that I would be ok buy the way my loads are below max by 1.3 grns. Max loads showed no pressure but found accuracy at lower charge.. (30\06 200grn. Smk. 52grn. Imr 4350 fed 215 primers.)

+1 on the interchangeability. I cannot find any difference in pressure or velocity switching from regular to match from any maker. The difference in SD and ES are not noticeable either. The match primers seem to be made with more scrutiny and that's all. But it is enough for me to prefer them. Better QA is always +1.

KB

thanks everyone, I figured that I could just go with ahead and load them, but reassurance with second opinions never hurts......
Bill Gohring..

I have a question, I know everyone is going to say work back up. But I was wondering how important is to work up with fed 215 magnum match vs. Standard 215 magnum primers ?
with limited range access I was hoping that I would be ok buy the way my loads are below max by 1.3 grns. Max loads showed no pressure but found accuracy at lower charge.. (30\06 200grn. Smk. 52grn. Imr 4350 fed 215 primers.)
As far as interchanging a 215 with a 215M primer, I've mixed and matched them before and never noticed a difference in velocity or POI.

They say the only difference is that the Match primers are all weighed and sorted to closer specs than the regular primers. But, like I said, I've never noticed any differences.

As far as interchanging a 215 with a 215M primer, I've mixed and matched them before and never noticed a difference in velocity or POI.

They say the only difference is that the Match primers are all weighed and sorted to closer specs than the regular primers. But, like I said, I've never noticed any differences.
That's good to know because I got 50 already primed with 215s. I'll keep them separated but you know how that goes, there's a chance they could get mixed up..

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.