Match bullets on coyotes

Yea, we dont care much for em either. Fur damage is never a question. Most dont even have ethics in shooting a coyote. Any hit is viewed as a success. The most damage I prolly ever did to one was about 2 years ago with the semi (18-wheeler). I was rolling around the south side of cincinnati through northern kentucky on 275 one morning around 2am. I had enough time to recognize what had just ran onto the road, and NEVER considered taking my foot off the throttle. It caught every tire on the right side of the rig. I wasnt to heavy, around 70,000 lbs. At 65mph, I was packing a serious punch. Not much left of the coyote. I was proud of that one.

Yea, we dont care much for em either. Fur damage is never a question. Most dont even have ethics in shooting a coyote. Any hit is viewed as a success. The most damage I prolly ever did to one was about 2 years ago with the semi (18-wheeler). I was rolling around the south side of cincinnati through northern kentucky on 275 one morning around 2am. I had enough time to recognize what had just ran onto the road, and NEVER considered taking my foot off the throttle. It caught every tire on the right side of the rig. I wasnt to heavy, around 70,000 lbs. At 65mph, I was packing a serious punch. Not much left of the coyote. I was proud of that one.

HAHA i would have been proud too! The only good coyote is a dead coyote. I dont really care how one of those worthless pieces of crap dies just as long as they are dead.

I have been told that a nice coyote pelt is getting $60. That will pay for some gas and reloading supplies. There is a time to save the pelts and then there are times to just take them out. I have loads that will make big holes. It is the good kill without the big exit hole that I am after and it is more difficult now with the serious reduction of bullets available.

I trapped when I was younger, with that same thought in mind. I made a little money, but mostly just had fun. I had several ol'timers tell me wild stories about fur prices. Unless your talking directly to a buyer and you know exactly how to handle the fur, be cautious. Buy the time you skin, flesh, and stretch a hide, you prolly could of just spent a little extra time at work and made more money. Besides, this time of year the fur starts to look bad.

Driving in my country. Glad you got him!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.