Master Bedroom Woodchucks!

Oh My! Entrails galore!! Very graphic. Kids, leave the room!!
LOL ha, my kids went out and had a biology and anatomy lesson.
After I posted they wanted to go to the tree line for more, 3 more ground and a red squirrel to boot. And I have 3 girls ages 6,4,and 3. They don't freak out if it's just another part of life, last fall they came out and sat in the back of the truck and watched me gut a doe. Then asked to go pet it in the garage every day, and the youngest kept trying to force me oit of the house to get more. Lol and a little upset when I had to do something other than hunting.

Last edited:
OK, this happened a while ago but still brings a huge smile to me when I think about it. I just got home from work at noon for an afternoon off with wife. Wife says there is a ground squirrel in the gas grill. So I rooted aorund and found my son's old Crossman 760 silver pump .177 that barely breaks paper. So I walk out to the patio, lift up the lid expecting to just give that little bugger a scare. A nasty groundhog was standing up chattering away at me snapping his teeth maybe 2' from my face! HOLY CRAP! Slammed the lid down and just stood there wondering how the heck did he get up onto grill? Seems he worked his way up from bottom, pushed through an grills slammed shut behind him so trapped. So I decided to give him something to think about to make sure he NEVER comes back to patio. Lifted lid, stuck rifle under lid and pulled the trigger. The gas grill shook like heck. I then put a rope over top so I could open the lid without having Mr. Chuck rip me a new one. One minor problem, seems he decided to attack the barrel and took the pellet right between the eyes. Peed all over the inside of grill which my wife would not eat off again. Sold to friend and he kept wondering why since it was perfect for "Chuck Roast"!
100_1626.JPG

You mean this one? Lounging in the family room after the hunt. There's always tomorrow!
View attachment 214081

yowza! I never get tired of looking at that stock. AAA claro is the way to go for sure. Most of my rifles these day have synthetic stocks. Functional, and weatherproof but not pretty. I gotta get me one with a truly beautiful piece of wood like that.

yowza! I never get tired of looking at that stock. AAA claro is the way to go for sure. Most of my rifles these day have synthetic stocks. Functional, and weatherproof but not pretty. I gotta get me one with a truly beautiful piece of wood like that.
You are absolutely right. Personally, I don't care if I shoot a darned thing with that thing. It's worth it just to get it out of the safe, pour a few fingers on the rocks and just look at it!