Master Bedroom Woodchucks!

YZ-80

I'm getting a bit bored. It's a dreary day in central MD, so I'm getting creative. It's 185-200 yard chip-shot to the food plot from the MBR and there's a big fat chuck down there eating the deer fodder. A little overkill with the 6.5L and a 143 ELD-M but I don't care. If I don't get him tonight, I should have a crack at him in the AM. He's been coming out around 7:30AM. The report will double as an alarm clock. At least that's what I plan on telling her.
E0758C18-B408-40C8-8457-832CAADFEB5E.jpeg

I'm getting a bit bored. It's a dreary day in central MD, so I'm getting creative. It's 185-200 yard chip-shot to the food plot from the MBR and there's a big fat chuck down there eating the deer fodder. A little overkill with the 6.5L and a 143 ELD-M but I don't care. If I don't get him tonight, I should have a crack at him in the AM. He's been coming out around 7:30AM. The report will double as an alarm clock. At least that's what I plan on telling her.View attachment 190288
YZ-80 I think that's a perfect way to past the time. I've always been a firm believer in hiding in plain sight lol. Those buggers have pretty good eyes don't they. I've had the joy of doing just what you are attempting on two different occasions with great success. Last time my wife was my spotter so there's a good way for quality family time. Lets see the trophy pic when you get him/her!

I connected on this big 'ole girl about an hour after you started this thread (@ 7:00pm EST). Was only a 100 yard shot (right outside my back door as well), but I wasn't about to let her go about her business of tearing up my yard. It had just stopped raining after 2 straight days of the stuff and she made herself way too visible. I hope you get the one you're after!!

7396E8D6-E312-4A2C-9EAB-C0729EC9BFC4.jpeg

Good shooting Deputy819!
Thank you, Sir! I must admit, however, that it wasn't much of a shot. The Sightron SIII 8-32x56 atop my .243 just made it kinda ridiculous. Those chucks really tear up my yards, fields and hurt my food plots in the summertime. The Berger 90gr BT really opened her up on the offside...
25E52593-D100-4C92-B46D-3B3EC6962D2B.jpeg

Thank you, Sir! I must admit, however, that it wasn't much of a shot. The Sightron SIII 8-32x56 atop my .243 just made it kinda ridiculous. Those chucks really tear up my yards, fields and hurt my food plots in the summertime. The Berger 90gr BT really opened her up on the offside...
View attachment 190351
Yeah that's a pretty good hole lol. They are a destructive son of a gun that's for sure! One shot one kill, the range and or method sometimes is irrelevant lol. Just saying

I'm getting a bit bored. It's a dreary day in central MD, so I'm getting creative. It's 185-200 yard chip-shot to the food plot from the MBR and there's a big fat chuck down there eating the deer fodder. A little overkill with the 6.5L and a 143 ELD-M but I don't care. If I don't get him tonight, I should have a crack at him in the AM. He's been coming out around 7:30AM. The report will double as an alarm clock. At least that's what I plan on telling her.View attachment 190288

Kathy just laughed when I read this to her and showed her the picture.

The one I'm after is coming out between 7:15 and 7:30 AM like clockwork and I think it's a preggers female. They are supposed to have their babies in May. She came out this morning but my wife was still asleep so I couldn't uncork the 6.5L out the doors! She won't show herself in the evening for some reason. I had her ranged at 190.

Master bedroom hunting can be fraught with frustration!

She came out this morning but my wife was still asleep so I couldn't uncork the 6.5L out the doors!
Dang! I was really hoping to see that whistle-pig taking a dirt nap this morning. Wake the wife up a little earlier than usual (@ 06:30 or so) with 'Breakfast in Bed'. Then while she's enjoying your hard kitchen labors ease that 6.5 out the door..... ;)