marlin bolt action?

kshunter

Has anyone checked out marlins bolt gun yet. Kinda looks like a savage in some aspects (trigger, Barrel nut, Bolt head).

I purchased one in 25/06 about 3 months ago, just because it such a good deal. All reviews read said it would shoot less than MOA. I've been shooting sub-MOA using Fusion and Priv Partizan ammo. The only beef I have with the gun is a 22 inch barrel.

They will swap barrels with Savage. Same diameter, thread pitch, bolt head configuration. The even made the nut so a Savage nut wrench will work.

Now they just need to make a magnum bolt head and LH.

My hunting buddy does all the sighting in of rifles for a gun shop. When I take my hunting trip over to where he lives I get go with him to sight in rifles and I get to do a lot of the shooting. I have shot a number of the Marlin bolt rifles and most shoot pretty well with the factory ammo that is usually used in these rifles. I would bet that some good hand loads would really do well. For a cheap rifle they have a lot going for them.

Thank you for the input. That is very interesting that a savage barrel will bolt up to one. Seems like it could be a descent base for a cheap build.

I bought one from a guy that needed some money. It was one of those package deals complete with scope and all in 30-06. I gave the gun to my nephew along with some Remington reduced recoil ammo 125gr. The gun will shoot sub-moa for 3 shots and the trigger is better than the average factory gun. The scope is not much though. I say this is alot of gun for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.