MARKSMANSHIP BASICS - Practice

Also, even if using a ballistic app. or Kestrel with AB or 4 DOF ballistic engine,
do you have your ballistics in 100 yard (to 500 yards) and 50 yard (to 800 yards) taped to your rifle's stock for instant reference?

I shoot several times a week either load testing, steel to 900 or rocks out to as far as I can see.
I think if you hunt with a spotter and trade back and forth you need to discuss ahead of time your vocab. Also shoot before hunting season together.We use spotter on, shooter ready, send it.
If you really want to up your game buy the book " Secrets of Mental Marksmanship" it has helped me teach people and myself for sure. I always think watch the cross hair, smooth press, follow through. I try to say those things when the words send it are heard.

For those who replied to my post, Thank You. I admire those who practice and keep their shooting techniques honed. There are a lot of hunters (I think everyone can agree) that don't practice and only visit the range once or twice prior to the opening of hunting season.
I myself, have shot rifles since I was 12 years old (now 70) and was brought up by a Army Drill Sargent, so I have a good understanding of guns and their capability. I just find that getting closer to my game is more of a challenge. That is my beliefs and I respect everyone who thinks differently.

I like to focus on one thing at the range each time. Trigger control, vertical aim, horizontal aim. Maybe someday I'll be good enough to work on all of the things but right now I just try to focus on one.

One mistake I see over and over is shooters resting their barrels and stocks on a hard surface. The resulting bounce is bad for accuracy if the STOCK is on a hard surface and the harmonic movement of the barrel is very bad for accuracy if the barrel is rested on a hard surface.

If you have nothing else that is soft to rest the stock on then rest it on your hand.

One mistake I see over and over is shooters resting their barrels and stocks on a hard surface. The resulting bounce is bad for accuracy if the STOCK is on a hard surface and the harmonic movement of the barrel is very bad for accuracy if the barrel is rested on a hard surface.

If you have nothing else that is soft to rest the stock on then rest it on your hand.
This is God advice

Good advice that is. I'm not incredibly experienced but know the easiest part of getting better is doing things like this that don't take pra Tice and skill like heart rate control...