Mark 4 16x Power Boost and Reticle Change

bailey1474

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
Well, due to work being kinda slow, Lerch and I are dreaming up another project. We are thinking of a 338 AM or something similar.

In our quest for a scope, we came across an old fixed 16x Mark 4. I know the price will be right and this scope has 140 min of elavation. Get it doubled and possibly a reticle change, and I think it is exactly what we are needing.

Right now it has a 1/4 min dot. Will this work for 2000+ yd pdoggin'? Will the 32x be enough? Will the 1/4 min dot be too large? Will the dot become 1/8 min with the power boost?

As you can see, I'm full of questions so any advice or info you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
B.J.

Bill -- Dick Thomas just passed away, so i would hold off on Premier Reticle projects for a bit.

Sad day...

JB

JB any more info on Dick, is this from a genuine source?
I only spoke to him a couple of months ago and personally know 6 people with outstanding orders.

Back to the question assuming ok the M1 X 16 boosted to a fixed 35 mag is the biz with a change of optics in front bell, all lenses handlapped and a ret change from 1 to 9 included at $250. Stunning! used one for over 5 years and cant use even use the new VX3LRT boosted, the 32's are a bit milky though of all the ones i have seen over the years.

[ QUOTE ]
Bill -- Dick Thomas just passed away, so i would hold off on Premier Reticle projects for a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored], I am very sorry to hear that. I had responded to an email from him just today asking about the status of my scope and somebody else answered.... I had no idea.

Very sad day.

Sorry to hear that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. That would explain why my email has gone unanswered.

Time is not an issue here though. It's going to be a few years before this project is range ready. I'm sure we'll be gathering parts for quite awhile. Is Premier going to stay in business? If so waiting is not a problem. If these guys quit, is there anyone else who does this type of thing?

Thanks,
B.J.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. That would explain why my email has gone unanswered.

Time is not an issue here though. It's going to be a few years before this project is range ready. I'm sure we'll be gathering parts for quite awhile. Is Premier going to stay in business? If so waiting is not a problem. If these guys quit, is there anyone else who does this type of thing?

Thanks,
B.J.

[/ QUOTE ]

News came from David Tubb and Brand Cole (prometheus)

BJ -- you can go too wrong with your plan.

JB

JB,

I have been staring at your last post for hours, but my feable mind has not been able to make a lick of sense out of it. Could you elaborate?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.