Marines getting another sniper rifle platform

The $16K tag is for day and night optics, thermal, suppressor, different bolt and barrel conversions, tools, torque wrenches, extra magazines, sling, bipod, range finder, ballistic and wind mini PDA, cleaning kit, deployment box and drag bag.
I'm glad to see our tax dollars going for something that is worth while for our service members. I've been in their shoes with little to no support and substandard equipment.

You know this for a fact or are just assuming?

I ask because just mil contract optic devices you have mentioned would eat that entire $$ up.

I could see it being a system for sure but sans optic enhancements.

You know this for a fact or are just assuming?

I ask because just mil contract optic devices you have mentioned would eat that entire $$ up.

I could see it being a system for sure but sans optic enhancements.
I know the people testing and fielding it.

I know the people testing and fielding it.
Thats what I wanted to know. So you have access to the details then.

Which NVD clip-on pvs 24, 30 or....? The 24 seems to save a lot on weight but has light gather almost as good as the 27/MUNS which was just too heavy.

Which thermal T75, SPARTN , HISS-XLR or......?

What day optic?

Suppressor? SIG?

Looking at gov pricing on such devices like the unit pricing from DRS, FLIR, etc is why I questioned it all be included. Seems those alone eat up more than the entire weapon system price tag?

Are they piggybacking on SOCOM's Mk21 which is the same rifle platform?

To be clear, I have no doubt at all that the eval units are in fully trim but questioning that the accessories nvd are part of the Barrett contract request @ 16k. They are usually direct contracts with those manf.

I guess it really does not matter it just seemed odd.

Its always cool to get to T&E new equip while down.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.