Marinade for those with discerning tastes !

Gregg C

Here's a marinade I been working on for a year or so, for those of you who are so inclined. I started out making it for rib eye beef. Have since expanded use of it to chicken. Really good, to me. First time I got it right (what I'm sharing here), I thought, Man, that's not dinner...that's a religious experience !!! Tried it on fish, too, Cod, but it was only ok. I always cook on a grill, and lately using Mesquite wood, instead of charcoal, but either way, it's delicious. If any of you folks try it, I'd like to hear your opinions !
HALF CUP RED WINE VINEGAR
2 SHAKES LIQUID SMOKE
2 TBSP HEAPED FRESH MINCED GARLIC
HALF TBSP SALT
TSP BLACK PEPPER
TSP GROUND RED PEPPER, CHIPOTLE BEST
1 TBSP LIME JUICE
1-1.5 TBSP OLIVE OIL
Mix all that up in a bowl, till salt is dissolved, adding the oil last. Then take
1 MED TO LARGE ONION, CHOPPED FINE
Put it all in a gallon size Ziploc bag, add your meat, and slosh it around pretty good. The shortest interval I ever let it sit till grilling was about 4 hrs. I like it better after overnight in the fridge.

Wanted to let you know that I used your marinade recipe on an elk roast for Christmas dinner. Everyone enjoyed it very much in fact it's all gone. It was a 3lb roast that marinated overnight.
Thanks

Wanted to let you know that I used your marinade recipe on an elk roast for Christmas dinner. Everyone enjoyed it very much in fact it's all gone. It was a 3lb roast that marinated overnight.
Thanks
That's great! I'm glad you liked it ! Thanks for letting me know! Merry Christmas !

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.