March-X 8-80 x 56 High Master

I have been using March for several years now due to multiple failures from Leupold and Vortex. I have several including the High Master 10 - 60 and all of them have been flawless on tracking and holding zero so far.

I have been using March for several years now due to multiple failures from Leupold and Vortex. I have several including the High Master 10 - 60 and all of them have been flawless on tracking and holding zero so far.
That's awesome to hear.

I know a lot of good glass is coming from Japan, so I might just have to pick one up and give it a go.

Besides, it's just some American fiat notes.

Lots of good service rifle shooters use March scopes 1-4.5X shooting from 200 through 1000 yards. In service rifle shooting across the course, 200, 300, 600, on a weekend of shooting you would most likely go through the elevation and windage knobs back and forth more than most hunters go through in a year.

There are no sighting shots at Camp Perry board matches, and any LEG match, you need scope tracking precision.

Last edited:
Still shopping around for a scope for my 375 build, and came across the March.
How far are you shooting? I have a March Genesis that's currently on a 338 but will eventually go on a 375 CheyTac. It's been great so far, has 114 mils (400 MOA - four hundred - not a typo) of vertical. The thing about how it works is the entire tube moves instead of just the reticle lens inside the tube, so the reticle stays centered in the lenses across the entire elevation travel range, no distortion at all. It's a 60X, which is IMO more than what's practical in any type of mirage. Highly recommend if your 375 is an ELR gun.

I was shooting it today and I couldn't really tell a difference between the March and my Tangent Theta side by side, but the Athlon Ares ETR was very obviously lower quality. Not that I'm trying to compare ~$6k scopes to a $1k scope, just that the better two were very similar alongside something that was very different. 80*, full sun, I was running 25x at 500 yards on all the scopes and it was great.

I'm wanting to order one of the new Majestas like what you linked to for my 6 Dasher, running this March I've been very impressed.

How far are you shooting? I have a March Genesis that's currently on a 338 but will eventually go on a 375 CheyTac. It's been great so far, has 114 mils (400 MOA - four hundred - not a typo) of vertical. The thing about how it works is the entire tube moves instead of just the reticle lens inside the tube, so the reticle stays centered in the lenses across the entire elevation travel range, no distortion at all. It's a 60X, which is IMO more than what's practical in any type of mirage. Highly recommend if your 375 is an ELR gun.

I was shooting it today and I couldn't really tell a difference between the March and my Tangent Theta side by side, but the Athlon Ares ETR was very obviously lower quality. Not that I'm trying to compare ~$6k scopes to a $1k scope, just that the better two were very similar alongside something that was very different. 80*, full sun, I was running 25x at 500 yards on all the scopes and it was great.

I'm wanting to order one of the new Majestas like what you linked to for my 6 Dasher, running this March I've been very impressed.
I was looking at that Genesis after my buddy showed it to me.

Amazing the amount of elevation travel they get out of that scope.

Good to hear the March's are comparable to the Tangent Theta.

The scope I'm shopping for is for my ELR build, still waiting on my reamer and action, so I've got a little bit of time to do some research.

How far are you shooting? I have a March Genesis that's currently on a 338 but will eventually go on a 375 CheyTac. It's been great so far, has 114 mils (400 MOA - four hundred - not a typo) of vertical.
How does that Genesis track for you?

High Master is on its way to the house. It might find itself on my F Class rig since I need a Charlie Tarac to really stretch the legs on it, even with a 60 MOA rail and a scope base with MOA built in.

Genesis has done good, on a 338 Edge now. I haven't put it on a tall target but it's dialed out at least and well as the rifle and ammo.

My Majesta shipped from EuroOptic today, should be here tomorrow. Going on my 6.5-284, the Dasher ended up with a March X 8-80x.

Genesis has done good, on a 338 Edge now. I haven't put it on a tall target but it's dialed out at least and well as the rifle and ammo.

My Majesta shipped from EuroOptic today, should be here tomorrow. Going on my 6.5-284, the Dasher ended up with a March X 8-80x.
Same as mine. We were both waiting on the same order to come in.

I'm still waiting on the sunshade to show up from Japan.