March, Tangent Theta, Schmidt Bender, Leica

The Tangent Theta is at the top of my list.
If I decide to save a couple bucks, how does the March FX 4.5-28 compare to the March F 3-24? The 4.5x still has a nice FOV with the wide angle eye piece.
I think the FX 4.5-28x52 is a bit nicer to my eyes over the 3-24x52 (which I owned for a while). But, I sold my 3-24x52 for another TT315M. Absolutely no regrets in that upgrade.

I'm looking for advice on optics for a new rifle build that's coming together. The build is a 30 Sherman Mag built on a Defiance Anti X. Looking to shoot it out over 1000 yards.

Scopes I've been interested in are: March 3-24x52, Tangent Theta 3-15x50 LRH, SB Exos 3-21x50, Leica Magnus i 2.4-16x56.
Any other suggestions? Not partial to FFP or SFP. Being that it's a hunting rifle, I'd like to have low zoom for close situations.
What are the opinions on the scopes mentioned? Will there be mounting issues/ limitations with the compact scopes on the Long action with integral scope mounts?
Thanks

The Tangent Theta TT315M is a great hunting/crossover optic. They are mechanically solid, weight isn't crazy, turrets are the best in the business, field of view & depth of field are great, eyebox is pretty good, the 'glass' is great, etc. The Gen 2 Mildot isn't exciting, but it is a good hunting reticle and pairs well with the 3-15 magnification range IMO. I was shooting mine out at 1,000 yards yesterday - no issues.

All that said, I think the Zero Compromise 4-20 is a better overall package. The two big downsides are weight, and mounting limitations.

I have a Premier Optics which is now Tangent Theta. The most, yet best, money I've ever spent on an optic. I purchased from a friend who wanted the money to replace it with a S&B. A few weeks after he got his S&B he asked if I'd like to sell the Premier back to him....He loved the S&B, but felt the Premier was just bit better in all respects.
I certainly enjoy it and wouldn't trade it unless destitute or homeless!

I ended up getting the Exos. Unfortunately it didn't fit. Mighty fine piece of glass thoughā€¦ Try to find a TT.
7832CE5B-7B18-4A2C-A524-6B092BD272CF.jpeg
CC102BE4-DDD2-4280-AF6D-12F458D7799E.jpeg

Shoot. Wish we'd have know it was going on a left hand action. I don't know of anyone that has had one to fit a lefty. Been good info to have know. Sorry. I wouldn't have recommended it.

Shoot. Wish we'd have know it was going on a left hand action. I don't know of anyone that has had one to fit a lefty. Been good info to have know. Sorry. I wouldn't have recommended it.
Yep. If you would have said "Lefty", I would have definitely told you to steer clear from S&B unless you went non-illuminated.

You CAN send it in and have the illumination removed from it if you love everything else about it.

Another nod for the ZCO420. Paired with the MPCT-1 reticle, IMO, for a versatile LR hunting scope, it's the perfect balance of magnification range, optical quality, mechanical performance, ergonomics/feel, and overall workmanship. I'm looking to ultimately convert to this scope with my primary hunters.
573DD1D1-1823-4961-B89A-EBEFD18CCD69.jpeg

Another nod for the ZCO420. Paired with the MPCT-1 reticle, IMO, for a versatile LR hunting scope, it's the perfect balance of magnification range, optical quality, mechanical performance, ergonomics/feel, and overall workmanship. I'm looking to ultimately convert to this scope with my primary hunters.View attachment 366817Greyfox, I'm wanting to put a 420 on my long actio hunting rifle. Is this rifle of yours a long action? Trying to figure out if it would fit and give me enough eye relief. Thanks!

@ryno111 I'm not Greyfox, but I have a ZCO420. I need an adjustable cheek piece to properly mount a ZCO420 on a long action and get appropriate LOP on the stock and eye relief on the optic. My 420 now lives on a short action. The scope length, and to a lesser degree the weight, are the only real cons to that scope.