March or nightforce

I was thinking about getting the Sig Sauer Tango6 with the 56mm bell. Anyone know where that fits in this conservative WRT wt and quality (mainly compared to the NF as the other scope would be very expensive to get in my area)

Ok so my new ultralight build is being done now. A 30 Sherman. Now question is because I'm going for light weight I was set on the match 2.5-25. 23 ounces.
Well now nightforce has the nx8 2.5-20 and it's only 5 ounces more I believe.
I like my nightforce stuff but still leaning towards March as it's more zoom and still lighter.
What's the thoughts from the guys here.
I have 4 NF and 3 March scopes including the 2.5-25x52 and all are great scopes but I vote for March I am not a fan of FFP.

I will also add that I am not a fan of the Nightforce eyepiece rotating when you change the zoom, and two of them have the issue of not being in focus when they are parallax free.

I know you weren't asking about others but you may want to take a look at the Conquest V6 line up. Great glass and tracking.

I've had few Zeiss and they are not bad.
Just kinda boiled down to these two. I love my atacr 7-35 ffp. But man it's not doing any favors in weight. So I'm leaning towards March.

If you looking for Ti action screws why would you accept multiple ounces in optic!!! I really, really like the March, definitely out performs and AtacR in low light conditions by a significant amount running them side by side, like the turrets better for hunting too.

Put my vote down for Night Force.. they are super easy to deal with and their products I believe are the best. if I could afford it I would have 5 NF's on the way for certain rifles I have.

If you looking for Ti action screws why would you accept multiple ounces in optic!!! I really, really like the March, definitely out performs and AtacR in low light conditions by a significant amount running them side by side, like the turrets better for hunting too.

That was my whole thought behind the March. I love all my nightforce but weight matters on this rifle.
Plus I'm in the positions where the warranty does not bother me I've wasted money on stupider things in the past. Plus it's more than likely gonna fail when I need it most on a trip of a lifetime and at that point warranty is the last thing I'm thinking about.

That was my whole thought behind the March. I love all my nightforce but weight matters on this rifle.
Plus I'm in the positions where the warranty does not bother me I've wasted money on stupider things in the past. Plus it's more than likely gonna fail when I need it most on a trip of a lifetime and at that point warranty is the last thing I'm thinking about.
Khales and March were the only scopes that didn't have reticle shift on Ryan Pierce's scope checker during one series of testing.

Khales and March were the only scopes that didn't have reticle shift on Ryan Pierce's scope checker during one series of testing.
Zero Compromise didn't shift either and 5 of the Kahles scopes he sold had the paralax knob break last year which sucks beacause I was leaning towards a K525I but now I'm thinking the new March 5-42x56 for my 300 Norma Imp.

I was in your exact same boat on a 7RUM build several years ago. I chose March because nothing compared to it at the time. I haven't tried the NX8 but I've beat up my March 3-24x42 ffp and it still holds zero. I love it. In fact, I smacked the elevation turret hard enough on a hunt that it was displaced inward and it still held zero and tracks.

My rifle hit the ground and there is a real small dent in the tube of my March and I've still had no issues. Big green has mentioned it already but March has some of the sleekest compact turrets for hunting while still having all the tactical turret features.

One more aspect of the March is the glare cutting ability of the glass. When looking into the sun, something in the coatings on the glass eliminates it allowing a shot where my NXS couldn't. Other have mentioned it but it has happened to me two times where I was able to take a shot that the NF glass couldn't.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts