March or NF

Looks like it is a tossup!! I have SO much experience with the NF brand.....pretty much all good. It will be **** hard for me to switch brands...but then again...I hear great stuff about the March, also.

I wish one of the brands were junk...then my decision would be easy!!:D

I wish that NF would make the 7-35 ATACR with a 2nd focal plane reticle. 35X and 100 MOA....what else could a guy want??

I need a drink!!

Can you comment on the eyebox of the 42mm? Any problems?

My March 2.5-25x42mm is mounted on a Sauer 202 with a synthetic stock and I have no problem with the eye box. Mine is set up in Warne steel bases and Burris Signature Zee rings. When I fitted it I made sure the scope was set on 25 power to get the correct eye relieve. I can imagine that if it was set on 2.5 power to set the eye relieve and then turned up to 25 power some issues could arise.

My March 2.5-25x42mm is mounted on a Sauer 202 with a synthetic stock and I have no problem with the eye box. Mine is set up in Warne steel bases and Burris Signature Zee rings. When I fitted it I made sure the scope was set on 25 power to get the correct eye relieve. I can imagine that if it was set on 2.5 power to set the eye relieve and then turned up to 25 power some issues could arise.

Makes sense to me. It's a detail that could easily get missed. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like it is a tossup!! I have SO much experience with the NF brand.....pretty much all good. It will be **** hard for me to switch brands...but then again...I hear great stuff about the March, also.

I wish that NF would make the 7-35 ATACR with a 2nd focal plane reticle. 35X and 100 MOA....what else could a guy want??

I need a drink!!

Where are you located?

I need a drink!!

I have this mental debate...even owning both, and trying to decide which scope to mount on a paricular rifle. However, it does become more obvious once mounted. As an example, the ATACR feels and looks very balanced on my MPA Chassis, Light Palma 6.5x47 used for PRS or heavy caliber, larger framed rifles where weight and bulk is not such s concern. On the other hand, while not necessarily lightweight rifles, the March is looks and feels far more balanced on my LR rifles used for hunting or steel where weight and bulk is more of a consideration, and I'm likely to be carrying as much as shooting.
Shown:16# PRS rifle and 12# Hunter/steel shooter in 6.5x284, both are heavy barreled LR precision shooters with different purposes. Both are excellent scopes that get the job done.
B9DB560A-2CC1-45E7-BA0B-C4DDC3D0D51E.jpeg

2333077F-1310-4F5D-AFB0-EDC292C265DD.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.