March Optics?

Its204fast

I feel like I've been living under a rock, having not heard of March Optics until recently. I have a friend who shoots air rifle competitively and has an 80X March Optics scope on it. I looked it up and it's a $3000 scope.....on an AIR RIFLE. Anyone know how March stacks up against Leupold, S&B, NF, Swarovski, Zeiss?

I had a March F 3-24×52 FFP for a while. Great scopes. Very lightweight, short, lo-pro turrets, good glass, huge mag range, great turrets and tracking, OK reticles.
Glass is on par with the higher end Leupolds, NXS line of NF, and Zeiss. Not quite on par with the higher end NF, and Swaro and S&B beat it. I ended up selling mine for a new Tangent Theta TT315M.
March is a fantastic choice for a lightweight rifle that needs high end glass.
20180429_110016.jpg

Last edited:
I've have had 2 March highmaster scopes. Both variable to 60 power. March is big in the Benchrest world. Not so much in the tactical and hunting worlds although they have come out with some scopes to compete with the Nightforce atacr and Nightforce nx8 models. The glass in my highmaster match scopes was on par with my Nightforce competition scopes. The tracking and other mechanical features were flawless. I've been lucky to be able to compare a khales 1050 March highmaster Nightforce comp and a golden eagle all side by side. And the March scopes were on par with the khales and Nightforce comp. so if you buy one. I Can all but guarantee you'll love it. It will make an optics snob out of you in a hurry.

I love my March 2.5-25, it is an illuminated sfp scope, and is 25 oz. The one thing I have heard is that they do better with low light angles than the NXS line of scopes, something to do with the coating prevents glare better than many others. I like the turrets much better than many other high end scopes for a hunting rifle, they are not massive and they are very, very solid, perfectly repeatable, the zero stop is very intuitive and can be set with a cartridge rim. They are an overall awesome low pro light hunting scope with great glass. If I was putting together a PRS type gun, I would go a different route (simply for taller turrets that are easier to grab), but for hunting, I personally think this is as good as you can get.
.338 nm.jpg

I had my hands on one that was used for T&E on a rifle. I was impressed with the quality and specs but not so much the price. I would not blindly put 3k down on one of them when you have scopes like S&B. Much more research would have to go into a purchase of that caliber. It was definitely a quality product and worth considering.

March is a super innovative company, the NX8 line of scopes from Nightforce, the S&B super shorts, the Mark V from Leupold, they are all responses to March's FFP scopes from 8 or so years ago. They were the first with 10x zoom ratios, the first 8x zoom ratio in FFP, the first to put those zoom ratios in small light weight packages. Check out this link below, he does a good job of laying out how they compete with the other top tier scopes, pros and cons and what they could do to improve.

Optic Thoughts

I bought the 2.5-25 a few years ago and love it. The only small complaint I have is that the edge to edge clarity, especially at 2.5x is a little blurry.

Everything else is great. The turrets, the glass, the reticle, the mag range, the weight. I love it all.

I would not hesitate to buy another.

I love my March 2.5-25, it is an illuminated sfp scope, and is 25 oz. The one thing I have heard is that they do better with low light angles than the NXS line of scopes, something to do with the coating prevents glare better than many others. I like the turrets much better than many other high end scopes for a hunting rifle, they are not massive and they are very, very solid, perfectly repeatable, the zero stop is very intuitive and can be set with a cartridge rim. They are an overall awesome low pro light hunting scope with great glass. If I was putting together a PRS type gun, I would go a different route (simply for taller turrets that are easier to grab), but for hunting, I personally think this is as good as you can get. View attachment 221107
Nice setup! I'm a lefty but learned to shoot rifle and shot gun right handed and pistol left...im not great with a pistol. I have DNZ mounts on all my scoped rifles love them!!! In my older age my right eye twitches in the scope after a few minutes so I have started shooting left handed (with an improvement in shot placement) and hope one day to build a rifle with a Barnard Left Bolt/ Right Port action.

I own three....two 10-60x52 and one 10-60x56 HghMaster. All have very precise and accurate turrets, glass is very good and light weight compared to other similar optical dimension scopes. The HighMaster glass has a little better light transmission than the other two and is equal to the Khales 1050i and Swarovski X5i 5-25x56 I also own. March was started by competition shooters that needed reliable a reliable scope with target reticles. They have branched out in recent years to offer scopes suitable to tactical type competition and hunting. The are made in Japan by Deon Optics. I've also shot LR with a S&B PMII and the HM series is definitely on par with it.

Cody that's is the same scope I'm eyeing for my ultra light 30 Sherman. Between that an a nx8.
I really want the March but have enough cabelas points for the nx8. Still leaning towards the March.

Cody that's is the same scope I'm eyeing for my ultra light 30 Sherman. Between that an a nx8.
I really want the March but have enough cabelas points for the nx8. Still leaning towards the March.
The March is fantastic, but if you can get an NX8 for free........that's hard to turn down ha ha

Ya that's why I'm struggling. But it does weight more. I'm spending a good amount for all the extra ti and carbon hard to add another 1/4lbs for no reason. Glad to hear someone who I know uses his stuffs opinion on them

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts