March Optics?

Rich I believe you and I have talked about this before. Lol
You are correct. I took your advice and went with The 2.5-16 bushnell on my 6.5 creed light weight and am very pleased with it. That being said glass is good but not amazing like I would hope the March is.

Anyone using a March with the thin cross hair? Need a scope for my 25-284, but am concerned that the cross hairs will be to thin for hunting on low light. Found a used one but not sure if it would work for me. This is the only used March I've seen for sale in Canada.

Ok Cody, one more. Seems they offer both scope I want in either 42mm or 52mm.
Now I've heard arguments for not needing the bigger bell but have always leaned that way for light gathering. Now it would also add 2 more ounces to the scope going from 42 to 52. Since the idea of this is as light as I can get it without giving up function. Which would you go with. I've spent a fortune on custom ti parts. Even down to the firing pin and action screws. Only steel is the barrel blank inside the proof barrel everything else is carbon or ti.
So which would you lean towards?

I can't think of any hunting situation where having a 42 vs 52 objective would break the shot, especially since I take most my shots down on 20x vs 25x. If your main goal is weight, then I would go 42. That being said, I have a 52mm.

Lol well that didn't help.
Although your line of thinking was what I already had. I pictured the worst case and thought. Would I even be able to gain any real world shooting time. Both scope have fantastic glass and will be able to shoot longer than most other scopes on the market.
I'm gonna go 42 and stop waffling.
Thanks for your help.

Lol well that didn't help.

I'm gonna go 42 and stop waffling.
Thanks for your help.
How light is your gun, what cartridge, how far are you looking to shoot ?
Light guns are somewhat difficult to shoot as I am sure you are aware but if you are looking for a light scope then go really lightweight like the SWFA 10oz 2.5-10x https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-2-5-10x32-ultralight-rifle-scope-1.html?___SID=U
Having been down that road I won't use a scope without a parallax adjustment so that takes the really light ones out of the running. Two oz I wouldn't worry about but things like illumination add more weight and 2 oz becomes 4oz, etc. I may try a 4 or even 5 port brake on a lightweight rig if I do another. Honestly, anything under 8lbs is hard for me to shoot past 500 yards.
Did you do a thread on your LW OCD build ? I'd like to see the specs !
I do like the XLR magnesium folding chassis for compactness but the folder adds ~6oz

It is a 30 Sherman with a 26" tube. Based off it being very similar to my light weight creed I expect it to be around 7-7.5lbs maybe even 8 when done and ready to hunt. My creed came back a bit to light the first time so I went with an eh5 stock to add a bit and I love the thumb hole for walking and freehand shots. This is hopefully gonna be my 1200 yard rifle. But it's easier to add weight with useful stuff like bipods and cameras. I'll post the build when complete.
I actually have the swfa on a howa mini I had all cut up to save weight. It works great for the intended purpose of that rifle but it is not what I would stake a big hunt on it eye relief is tight and low light is not great.

I own 2 of the 2.5x25-52. Sold all my Leupolds and nightforce to get them and never looked back. One has been through hell and has never had an issue. The other is just on a play gun. Last one I bought from europtics. If you call them they will usually knock a little off.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts