March Optics 2.5x - 25x Hunter scope

The clarity and repeatability of my March scopes are on par with any top line scope. It is hard to easily test durability but I believe I would give the advantage to Nightforce on that item based on weight alone.

I have the 3-24x52 F1 and would rate it as the other posters did. I have only used a year on 338 NM.I find conditions have to be real good for past 20x,but you will notice that in most optics,things like lighting mirage.Im using mil model and love the 10 rev and markings also nice ZS. The reticle in mine is a little heavier at max than I like but center is a dot that Im getting use to. I really like the Leo reticle with small open center as my favorite a sticky dot just fits center at 300 yrds one inch for fine aimpoint,the TMR.

Does the eyepiece turn with power changes?
I wonder w/regard to flip-up cover use.

No, I think Nightforce is the only company that does that. The March has a separate mag ring. And I think the flip-up caps that come with the March scope are pretty good quality.

If you do have Nightforce scope and want flip-up caps that work, Tenebrex makes a nice set. You can rotate the cap so that moving the eyepiece to change magnification doesn't jam the cap somewhere you don't want it.

I love my 2.5-25x52. I will be the first to admit I am not an optics expert and have not owned anything other than Leupold in the past.

That having been said, I have been nothing short of thrilled with the scope. The mag range allows me to use it in tight woods - stands that are usually bow stands in tight cover - but also use it for long range. I can use it to look to see if it is a butting buck or a doe while I am doe hunting to help folks manage their herd. It is like having a spotting scope on my gun.

The only complaint is that the side focus/parallax is touchy from 100+, and the objective cover is loud when undoing it in the field...but those are pretty minor things in the grand scheme of things.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.