March 2.5 - 25

4xforfun

Has anyone tried one of these out???? It seems like a 2.5x on the low end and 25x on the high end would be AWSOME for a hunting rig!

Also, I think I read that there is 100 MOA of adjustment. I could be wrong on that one, though.

Has anyone tried one of these out???? It seems like a 2.5x on the low end and 25x on the high end would be AWSOME for a hunting rig!

Also, I think I read that there is 100 MOA of adjustment. I could be wrong on that one, though.

Waiting anxiously for mine to arrive in the next few days, the hunting model, will let you know what I think of it.
Elmer

Waiting anxiously for mine to arrive in the next few days, the hunting model, will let you know what I think of it.
Elmer

elmerdeer

Would be very interested hearing a report. Mainly interested in how it dials being it's not a tactical version and which reticle did you choose and what's your opinion of it.

elmerdeer

Would be very interested hearing a report. Mainly interested in how it dials being it's not a tactical version and which reticle did you choose and what's your opinion of it.

I will give you guys my review soon, when its in my hands. And will compare it to my Meopta meostar 4x16, and my Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14 as those are my scopes, and I will try and compare it to my buddys Schmidt&bender classic 4x16. I will know if Like it by then! But from all the research I have done its probably gonna stay on one of my guns!

PS. As to how it will dial, my Meopta is a tactical scope with covered turrets and I had no problem dialing when I need it, I am sure it will be the same.
Elmer

Re: March 2.5 - 25 (Review added)

elmerdeer

So here is a quick review against 2 of my scopes 1)Meopta meostar 4x16 z-plex, 2)Zeis 4.5x14 Z-plex

So when looking through it as far as the glass goes compared to the both of them, it is way more clear and sharp as far as details go, meaning the trees, the bricks, and the snowflakes falling. It seems that the glass of the March can pick up more detail, and to my eyes it is definely brighther, tommorow I will be comparing it to my friends Swaro 2x12 so I will see what Its like.
Next the field of view is way better at the lowest setting 2.5 compared to the others at 4 and 4.5, and at highest power it is still very bright.
The turrets which are covered are very crisp when turning clicks and I lke the idea of protection on them with the covers (when turning is not needed), not that they will move position when bumped, my other 2 scopes are not as crisp in click turning. The amount of elevation per turn is 25 moa which is great for my gun (7mm Dakota) and are numbered great, 0-25 cant mess that up even if you tried. And in less than 1 turn I am capable of being at 1000 yards, nice!
The recticle is a duplex, it is thicker than my Meopta and thinner than my Zeiss.
Oh and the best part it is its so much smaller than my 2 other scopes that I am thinking of getting one for all my rifles.
So there you have the first part of my out of the window review, not scientiific but so far I like what this scope has to offer alot, and for the price its actually not bad for the quality and versatillity it offers.
Elmer

So here is a quick review against 2 of my scopes 1)Meopta meostar 4x16 z-plex, 2)Zeis 4.5x14 Z-plex

So when looking through it as far as the glass goes compared to the both of them, it is way more clear and sharp as far as details go, meaning the trees, the bricks, and the snowflakes falling. It seems that the glass of the March can pick up more detail, and to my eyes it is definely brighther, tommorow I will be comparing it to my friends Swaro 2x12 so I will see what Its like.
Next the field of view is way better at the lowest setting 2.5 compared to the others at 4 and 4.5, and at highest power it is still very bright.
The turrets which are covered are very crisp when turning clicks and I lke the idea of protection on them with the covers (when turning is not needed), not that they will move position when bumped, my other 2 scopes are not as crisp in click turning. The amount of elevation per turn is 25 moa which is great for my gun (7mm Dakota) and are numbered great, 0-25 cant mess that up even if you tried. And in less than 1 turn I am capable of being at 1000 yards, nice!
The recticle is a duplex, it is thicker than my Meopta and thinner than my Zeiss.
Oh and the best part it is its so much smaller than my 2 other scopes that I am thinking of getting one for all my rifles.
So there you have the first part of my out of the window review, not scientiific but so far I like what this scope has to offer alot, and for the price its actually not bad for the quality and versatillity it offers.
Elmer

Hey Elmer

Thanks for that review.

I have really been looking at these scopes and the size and weight are very important to me. I was worried that the turrets with covers would have knobs that would be difficult to turn or read or just simply inferior to the uncovered tactical type but your review has satisfied me that they are good. Wish I could get my hands on one for a firsthand look but around here no one seems to know what a March scope is.

I know you can set zero anywhere you require but when returning to zero does the March scope have something similar to the Nightforce "zero stop"? Seems like I read somewhere that it did (zero set I think they called it) but just can't recall.

Hey Elmer

Thanks for that review.

I have really been looking at these scopes and the size and weight are very important to me. I was worried that the turrets with covers would have knobs that would be difficult to turn or read or just simply inferior to the uncovered tactical type but your review has satisfied me that they are good. Wish I could get my hands on one for a firsthand look but around here no one seems to know what a March scope is.

I know you can set zero anywhere you require but when returning to zero does the March scope have something similar to the Nightforce "zero stop"? Seems like I read somewhere that it did (zero set I think they called it) but just can't recall.

It is only available on the tactical model, but for my uses I dont think that not having it will make a big difference, that is why I chose the covered turrets. I just like the look of it, and protection from the elements cause sometimes I hunt in nasty weather and I dont need to dial. Anyways Jim Kelby offered to take it back after I looked at it for a week or 2 If I was not satisfied, but he did'nt think that would happen, LOL. He gave me great service and I appreciate it.
Elmer

Thanks!

I understand that the clarity is very good from your report.

What about at low light? Dusk/Dawn?

How does it compare to Zeiss?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts