Manners stocks???

I think they are comparable to McMillan. They don't have the selection that McMillan has and I like the texture of the grip and forend of the Mcmillan better. Some people probably like Manner's texture better.

Well I was looking for a McMillan A3 Edge for a 338 lapua build, but they said I could not get this stock with the Edge technology.

So I was looking at the manners MCS-T3 with 90% carbon fiber.

Didn't know of any other lightweight options...

Don't you think saving a few ounces with a carbon fiber shell on a 338 Lapua built on a Surgeon XL action and a tactical style stock is Kind of pointless?

Yeah, your right... But I was hoping to save some ounces here and there, hopefully turning those ounces into a pound or so.

But your right, its probably not going to matter anyways.

Sounds like you have some experience with the Surgeon 1581/XL action?

I don't have any experience other than having looked at them. I like them but they are big and heavy.

I have been using them since they first came on the scene. They are very well made, easily on par with McMillan. So far I have owned 5 different models of Manners, and currently have 2 in my stable. I also have had a number of McMillan stocks over the years, but am down to just 1 in my stable of guns. I like the McMillans a great deal as well. My favorite McMillan so far has been Terry Cross' Sentinel (made for him by McMillan), but it is really a competition stock. I think you can buy a Manners and be confident that you are getting a top quality stock that will outlive you and probably your children's children. They make really good stuff!

They are comparable.

For me, Manner's has a bigger forend on most stocks. A little big for my hands to comfortably get around to carry. This is big enough, that I have gotten rid of all but my EH2. It sits on my RUM and have not had any issues with it. The barrel channel had to be opened up for the barrel as it is supposed to be for a number 4 I think. This is a CF Remage.

I have found the perfect fit with the McMillan Game Warden. A little smaller and less square than say an MCST or an EH1. If the EH1 has an EH2 forend, that would be perfect.

I am also partial to McMillan as I love the M40A1 stock, even though it was not very ergonomic for long range.

I work in the firearms industry, and that is not a bad wait these days. I have vendors telling me 12 to 18 months from the time I send them a PO till it rolls of the production line. This COVID **** has really chapped my ***.