Manners stock question?

DXHI

I may be revealing my intelligence here. But if I order an aftermarket stock for my gun, can I use the factory trigger guard / bottom plate etc? Or do I have to find something different.

I have been looking at the manners stocks, either the EH1 or EH2 for the RUM. More specifically the EH2 as it will be my carry/big game

I have a savage 204 I would like the EH1 for as my coyote gun since I would be "in the weeds" more

Factory bottom metal works just fine. At least in Remington and Winchester, don't own a Savage. I own an EH1 on a short action Remington in 6xc and 2 T2's, one on a Rem 700 clone custom 264 and one on a Win pre 64 model 70 in 6.5-06 Imp. The factory bottom metal fit perfectly on all 3.

DXHI,

Matt (Manners General manager) was in the shop today which reminded me to answer your question.

Most if not all stockmakers offer their stocks with factory bottom metal inlets. In fact that's the usually the standard way stocks are offered. The other variations involve aftermarket metal from Kiff or Sunny Hill Enterprises or detachable box magazine metal like Badger Ordnance. The key is to be specific when you order either by phone or on their website. Simply state that you need a factory BDL inlet. Easy.

Call Matt if you have any other questions.

Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.