Manner Stock experience needed, please

stanley52

I am having a 280 AI built by Score High and I have determined I want a manner. Does anyone have any experience with MCS T2, T4 or the T5 series? I plan on getting the adjustable version of whichever. The T5 is the one that has me the most curious and there's not a lot on the internet, as far as, reviews. If I could get someone who has used one of these to give me some feedback, that would be great!

Thanks

I have 3 different rifles built on the Manners T-2A (6x47 Lapua, 7 Dakota, 338LM Ackley Imp.). I love the stock, and will use it again on other builds. I also like the T6, and would use that one with no problem.

I'm not a big fan of the hook found currently on the T4 and T5. I prefer to slide my rear bag forward and backward to make elevation adjustments (which I can do on the T2-A), and that is not really possible with the hook. The T4 is a virtual clone to the MCmillan A4, which I owned and used for a long time. I liked it, but prefer the sloped rear end found on the McMillan HTG (owned one of these for years also), A2, A3, and Manners T2 and T6.

I've not used one of the Manners bedding blocks / chassis, so I cannot offer an opinion on that aspect of their stocks.

JeffVN

I have a Manners Ultralight that was purchased 6 years ago and been very pleased with it. There was a thread recently on another site about problems with some of manners inletting. Just google "inletting problem Manners stocks" and see what comes up. Can't opine to the issue, but several posters seem to be experiencing the same thing. Having said that, their customer service is outstanding.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.