Making the switch Nosler to ADG brass in 28

JJMoody

Got some great loads worked up with nosler brass in my 28, but want to run ADG. Looking for data from those who've been there, done that. Current accuracy load with 180s/Retumbo at 80.6gr using 215s yields 3200fps and hammers a lot farther out than I'm capable of. Short of complete reworking from 10% lower, where are guys at? Also what bushing is working?

ADG has a slight capacity gain. Just start at 80.3 and work up in .3. Load will be very similar. Might have to load 80.9.

I think I people are kinda shy about giving load info, atleast I am. Every gun and barrels different. When you switch components the safest route is just drop back and kinda start over.

Yeah, I get it. Usually start out this type of thread with the "I have a brain" disclaimer, but guess I get pragmatic when typing on a phone. I showed my data in an effort to give a baseline for where I was with nosler brass. So, all information is taken with a grain of salt. Feel free to share knowing I won't blow myself up.

Just weight the brass with water. If it has
More capacity it will take more powder to get to the same speeds.

I just switched from Nosler brass to adg brass in my 300 rum. My velocity and pressure was the same as my old Load when I used 2 grains less powder. The adg was thicker and didn't need as much powder... I'm glad I started low and worked up.

Go to ADG's website and get on there list or they have a list of dealers.
There brass is in high demand for a reason.

ADG has a slight capacity gain. Just start at 80.3 and work up in .3. Load will be very similar. Might have to load 80.9.
This was my experience with 30 Nosler had to go up .3 grains to be the same as Nosler brass, ADG has a little more case capacity. You will be pleased Nosler after 2-3 firing primer pockets gone, ADG has 4 now and still feel like new.

Never had a problem with Nosler brass but then again I don't load them over pressured. 3200 fps with 180's in my rifles are a little warm - 72K.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.