Making a high rear bag?

MagnumManiac

Hi all,
Have lost my rear bag and no one has any in stock.
What material should I use to make this?
Have found a suitable filler, poly teddy bear beads.
I was thinking Corduroy, but open to suggestions.

Cheers.

I use an old set of carhartt pants and the ultralite box to bench fill. You can get enough for a smaller bag and it's like $6 free shipping

If it's for the range, the corduroy should be fine. If for hunting, I would look for a hard wearing synthetic material like cordura if you can find it and sew it.

I found some scrap treated canvas from a company in USA. I got a box of scraps for 20 bucks and it was enough for 20 bags. Very tough but easy enough to sew.

Thanks

Buck

Rice and or pinto beans and a sock could get you through for now, but leather or cordura would be my take. You could also have a saddle shop stich you up what you want and fill it will sand or heavy sand

Rice and or pinto beans and a sock could get you through for now, but leather or cordura would be my take. You could also have a saddle shop stich you up what you want and fill it will sand or heavy sand

...and in a pinch you can eat it...rice in a ziplock, wrapped with riggers tape to keep it firm, then an old sock. Works well.

I made one out of an old green duffel bag, I happened to have a couple from when I was in the army but I know military surplus stores usually have piles of them for cheap. I used airsoft BBs for a fill, a bit heavy for hunting but they work really well. Walnut shell media is a good, lighter option as well.

Thanks all, looks like a trip to Spotlight to buy some Cordura and teddy bear beads.

I have some suede here, but no way to stitch it...

Cheers.

10 years ago i put a bag of rice in 2 socks and zip tied it closed then spray painted it OD green. works great. haha

edit - i guess i should note that i wear a 13 or 14 shoe, so they were big socks. works great.