Make a Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle?

Overkill338

Anyone know if you can get the detachable mag and associated parts for a long action? I'm going to make my .375 Ruger "tacti-cool" so to speak. It's short and handy, and if you're attacked at home by a Cat Burglar Buffalo, you're safe.

I'm going to make my .375 Ruger "tacti-cool" so to speak.

Is your new year's resolution to be "big homie" among the mall ninjas? ;)

edit to add: Look for 300 PRC bottom metals & mags. In a chassis like a MDT, you'd want to use a 338 Lapua mag well and 338 LM AICS mags. I have 300 AICS mags for one rifle, and 338LM for another, and the 375 Ruger case won't fit the 300 WM type.

edit to add: Look for 300 PRC bottom metals & mags. In a chassis like a MDT, you'd want to use a 338 Lapua mag well and 338 LM AICS mags. I have 300 AICS mags for one rifle, and 338LM for another, and the 375 Ruger case won't fit the 300 WM type.
I like to be unique lol

Thank you for the advice. I guess using my Hogue stock is out?

I like to be unique lol

Thank you for the advice. I guess using my Hogue stock is out?
not out if you want to get creative. Never looked at a hogue because I hated the feel of the overmoulded rubber.
IIRC, they have a bedding block?
If you shoot with or know of a BR shooting group, get in touch with them. These guys are kings of perfection mods to rifles. Someone there will know a machinist and someone else will likely know a sheet metal artisan. Mill it out, make your own bottom metal, and get the mags. et vioila!

edit to add: you gonna put a mean looking flash arrestor on the end of your barrel?

Will this work

not out if you want to get creative. Never looked at a hogue because I hated the feel of the overmoulded rubber.
IIRC, they have a bedding block?
If you shoot with or know of a BR shooting group, get in touch with them. These guys are kings of perfection mods to rifles. Someone there will know a machinist and someone else will likely know a sheet metal artisan. Mill it out, make your own bottom metal, and get the mags. et vioila!

edit to add: you gonna put a mean looking flash arrestor on the end of your barrel?
No sir, no flash hider or sissy brake lol

Will this work

Good find!
From their website, you want the following mag:
This Bottom-Metal fits the following Magazines: Please Use below information for reference for any magazine request.
(AI-0479) 5RD .300 WM – Accuracy International
(AI-6801) 5RD .300 WM – Accuracy International
(AI-4368) 10RD .300 WM – Accuracy International
(0001) .300WM 5RD (3.715) –OAL – Accurate Mag
(0003) .338 Lapua Mag 5RD (3.715) –OAL– Accurate Mag
(0039) (30-06) 5RD (3.715) –OAL– Accurate Mag
Order the red one. Reason why - the mags all have the same external dimensions. There's a slight difference to the bend of the feed lips, but the 30-06 and 300WM have "buffer" sleeves and a shortened follower that limit the length of the bullet and keep the cartridge from moving forward on recoil. This limits your loaded cartridge length.
So, if you're never going to load longer than a 300WM SAAMI spec cartridge, order a 300WM mag. Otherwise, get the 338LM one.
Edit to add: I have a 300WM AICS pattern from PMAG. Wouldn't buy a plastic one again.....

Good find!
From their website, you want the following mag:

Order the red one. Reason why - the mags all have the same external dimensions. There's a slight difference to the bend of the feed lips, but the 30-06 and 300WM have "buffer" sleeves and a shortened follower that limit the length of the bullet and keep the cartridge from moving forward on recoil. This limits your loaded cartridge length.
So, if you're never going to load longer than a 300WM SAAMI spec cartridge, order a 300WM mag. Otherwise, get the 338LM one.
Edit to add: I have a 300WM AICS pattern from PMAG. Wouldn't buy a plastic one again.....
Thank you for your help!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts