Maine Coyote hunting?

smallbutfierce

Been hunting in Maine for 17 years, in the past 10 I have noticed more coyotes and less deer in the rural areas surrounding Bangor. Recently been seeing them during the day, and have noticed about 3 dens on my father's 100 acres. Just purchased a Stevens .25-06 that I will be building into a long range hunter. Anyone else hunt yotes in Maine? Any different techniques or tips you could recommend. I will be posting my success/failures after the deer season. This should give me ample time to get the rifle set up and scout some local spots.

Hunted coyotes in multiple diffrent western states but never up there. I would get an electronic call with an external speaker... Get in your deer stand at first light and set the speaker out in front of your stand aways. Try an injured fawn bleat. See what shows up.
I use fawn in distress with some success. If that don't work the rabbit call is tried and true.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.