Mailing through UPS, or even USPS- wrap it, re-wrap it and wrap it again!

woodnut

Not having done this in many years, I recently mailed three packages out. Two by UPS and one via USPS. The USPS package got there three days later than originally promised, but it got there in good condition. Not so one of the UPS packages. While those got delivered on time, one was torn up very bad. It had rimfire ammo and two 10/22 mags. Several plastic ammo boxes were destroyed and some ammo went missing as well as one of the mags.
So I (stupid me) went back to the UPS center to file a claim, since UPS insures all packages for $100. NOPE! Can't do that there, I have to call or go on line. Called, and NOPE ! Gotta go on line. On line I was given a bunch of forms to complete and a LOT of what I call resistance. They also would not even send out a trace to the only two lost and found centers in the US.
MY advice to anyone shipping, please wrap the package more than you think is enough! A lot more! Forget about the $100 insurance, you won't get past the reams of paperwork. Insuring UPS packages for, I think, $5000. only gets you special handling which should keep it safe. But if it does get lost or damaged, have fun trying to get a claim completed. Be aware .

YUP!! 1 out of 2 bullet packages I get are busted open same as you!! No accountability!! They drop and throw anything that is semi heavy!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.