Magpul Steps Up

whitely

From the Magpul facebook page:

We are proud to announce that within a matter of days we will be going live with a new program. Due to a bill currently moving through the Colorado legislature, there is the possibility that Colorado residents' ability to purchase standard capacity magazines will soon be infringed. Before that happens, and Magpul is forced to leave the state in order to keep to our principles, we will be doing our best to get standard capacity PMAGs into the hands of any Colorado resident that wants them.

Verified Colorado residents will be able to purchase up to ten (10) standard capacity AR/M4 magazines directly from Magpul, and will be given immediate flat-rate $5 shipping, bypassing our current order queue.

Our customers outside of Colorado, please know that our PMAG production will continue at an ever-increasing rate until we do relocate, shipments to our distributors in other states will continue, and that we do not expect relocation to significantly impact PMAG production. We are also aware that Colorado is not the only state with existing or pending magazine capacity restrictions; we are working on programs for other affected states as well.

Full details and instructions will be announced when we are able to go live; please watch here for the coming announcement.

I think it's a great idea....But I would sure love my 10 P-Mags I ordered on 12/31/12 from DSG Arms. I'm still waiting on them nearing 3 months later, when my local store keeps getting a few in here and there, and I haven't even seen my 10... I understand they are backed up, and that they are trying to help their home state out, but they should also help fill their previous purchased obligations at the same time.

I have always, and will always be a Magpul fan. They are a standup company of great folks. Keep up the good work.

I don't think the issue is production alone. I doubt the orders in Colorado will have any impact at all on what they ship out, since it will probably involve a different shipping avenue.

I ordered a bunch of 20-round Pmags from DSG on 12/21 and got them a month ago. My suspicion is that DGS simply can't fill all their orders fast enough.

I heard that DSG is currently filling orders placed around 12/29.

The Magpul guys have been at the capital nearly every day, and have had people at every town hall meeting. They have done everything they can to stop the bills that are being rammed through the CO legislature and I applaud them for it.

If the magazine ban passes, they are going to leave CO. Clearly I hope this doesn't happen, but ever since Gov Lickyourpooper has come out in favor of the ban, it looks more likely.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts