Magpul Hunter American Stock anyone?

View attachment 164777
[/QUOT
Stock arrived today and the install went without a hitch. Action screws torqued to 65" lbs for now. Hand-loads cycle just fine through the magazine. Surprisingly the length of pull was perfect without adding (or removing) any of the additional spacers provided and the cheek-riser that came pre-installed was spot on as well. Definitely looks and feels better than the factory tupperware. It did add quite a bit of weight, though. We'll see if it shoots any better/worse tomorrow hopefully...

View attachment 163606
Deputy, I have a .308 Ruger American Compact that shoots 180 gr S & B with Rem CL to 1", with an occasional flyer, @ 100 yds, Thinking of putting it in a Magpul Hunter stock , and maybe change out the trigger.
How did your stock change work out weight and shot wise ?
Thank you in advance for your attention to my question.
Be safe and be well. Tommy

It's a little on the heavy side, but not so much that it would be a problem and it definitely assisted in making the rifle consistently more accurate.

I used it only once last year for hunting and killed a whitetail doe with it at 200 yards, but I used a rest for that shot. Both the rifle and the bullet performed like they should've.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.