MagPro hangfires ???

• Thread starter Deleted member 115654
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 115654

300 Weatherby in Ruger No. 1, Tula mag primers only happens w/Mag Pro ???? Gobsmacked !

I've had this happen as well - my troubles were with the Spherical powder and primers not being hot enough - I switched to federal and problems went away.

I spoke with a rep. W/federal he claims that the federal magnum large & small rifle primers are the "hottest" burning on the market.

I spoke with a rep. W/federal he claims that the federal magnum large & small rifle primers are the "hottest" burning on the market.
I have heard that as well, my gunsmith you shoots a large powder capacity wildcat on the 416 rigby swears they work the best. He builds double rifles and the forum he posts on talked him into trying them, they work.

I've had this happen as well - my troubles were with the Spherical powder and primers not being hot enough - I switched to federal and problems went away.

You are spot on. The Fed 215 is the hottest primer made. It was specially designed for the large powder loads of the 378 and 460 Bee. I have seen hang-fires, and even ones where the primer went off, partially burned the powder but did not go bang, with CCI mag primers in loads over 90 grains of 7828, H1000 etc, Switching to Fed or Win mag primers (Win Mag are nearly as hot and long burning as Fed 215) solves it completely.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.