Magnum rifle

SamuelBerryhill308

Hello all I'm looking at getting either a savage high country or bergara ridge or a Remington 700 police.all have the same barrel length and are with in couple oz of each other.also all are in kinda the same price range as well.out of these three in 300 win mag what would be better choice I want to be able to load 180 to 215 grain bullets after I get the dies and all after I buy the rifle it will be a stand rifle and spot and stalk rifle as well.ive looked at the hmr as well but rifle alone weighs 11 lbs.if some one has a better choice than these that's threaded from factor just let me know.also please no tikkas or anything not threaded from factory thanks

I know the Bergara's are very accurate and well built, one in 7 Rem Mag and one in 6.5 Creed, both HMR. I know they weigh more than most factory rifles but the accuracy they produce for a factory rifle is great. I plan to purchase another next year in 300 PRC either in B14 Wilderness or HMR Pro series. The 300 PRC is built for the 200+ grain bullet.

I know the Bergara's are very accurate and well built, one in 7 Rem Mag and one in 6.5 Creed, both HMR. I know they weigh more than most factory rifles but the accuracy they produce for a factory rifle is great. I plan to purchase another next year in 300 PRC either in B14 Wilderness or HMR Pro series. The 300 PRC is built for the 200+ grain bullet.
I'll have to do some more research on the hmr it might ft the bill better.i do like the dbm on them looks to be better for heavy long bullets for reloading

I know the 7 mm Rem Mag has a Mag box that is long enough that at full length it is touching the lands. I have a friend that purchased the Bergara Ridgeback in 300 Win Mag he just received it about 3 weeks ago, I got to hold it but have not shot it. The stock is a Graybo Stock, it has a bubble level on top of the hand grip, the action is smooth as silk the barrel is Cerakoted graphite black. The stock has built in MLOK slots, it is very nice.

I know the 7 mm Rem Mag has a Mag box that is long enough that at full length it is touching the lands. I have a friend that purchased the Bergara Ridgeback in 300 Win Mag he just received it about 3 weeks ago, I got to hold it but have not shot it. The stock is a Graybo Stock, it has a bubble level on top of the hand grip, the action is smooth as silk the barrel is Cerakoted graphite black. The stock has built in MLOK slots, it is very nice.
Sounds like a nice rifle for sure

I just put together my first Savage from some parts acquired on this site. It is an older 110 action and is not the prettiest thing. I took it out last week and first three shots on it with factory Norma Oryx was an inch. I will eventually load up some for it and see how it does. It is a 6.5x284 Norma so not a 300WM, but now that I have the confidence to do in the garage with a prefit, I would recommend the Savage as you can truly have a switch barrel. A Remage will be next on the list as I have a Christensen with a 1:12 twist 300 RUM.

Never to much gun I dont like tracking them far and also me and my dad are planning a elk hunt with in the next year or so
I used my 300WinMag for whitetail for years; dead accurate so just trusted it. Shoot em' in the ribcage and all is well. No ruined meat, since there's not enough fat or meat on deer ribs to smoke them.

Hello Sam,

Don't know what your budget is but have you considered a Mauser M 18? https://bit.ly/3g9pQ0m

You do state that you want a barrel threaded from the factory, but the M 18 has its barrel threaded into the action so it can be easily unscrewed and set into a lathe to have it threaded. I did it with mine in .308 Win and it works like a charm.

The rifles are very precise, made in Germany at the Isny factory where they also make the Blaser and Sauer guns.

Regards,

JC

P.S.: here is a five shot group with mine at 100mts. "wearing" a sound moderator.
IMG_2841.jpg

Is this in addition to the 7mag or 280AI discussion we were having the other day. I believe Bergara makes a threaded 300 Win in their Premier Approach Rifle. You also have 300PRC as a option. The premier series of Rifles are all assembled in their custom shop in Georgia. I spoke with Cameron from the shop in Georgia and those premier actions are very nicely built. Basically a blueprinted and trued action with many improvements. The Bolt alone is very different and improved upon. The a premier barrels also go through a additional finishing process. I like it so much I ordered a 6.5 PRC Barreled action from Brownells and am doing my own build with it. Just waiting for a few components and I should be good to go. PM me if you have any questions. I got a wealth of information from Nate and Cameron at Bergara. Good luck.

This is the barreled action. #5 contour is fluted 24". Also a 26" option unfluted. Free shipping, no tax, $10 FFL Fee is how mine rang up when ordered.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.