magnum research/Sako L691 actions?????

JustC

I have come across several of these for a steal of a price with remington contuor tops. What is the deal with these?? they check out VERY true right out of the box (lugs, action face, etc) Anyone know anything about these things?

Thanks

JustC,

Here is some information about the receivers:

Back to the Mountain Rifle -its receiver is the same contour as Remington 700s, so choice of scope mounts is wide. The bolt is one-piece forged. Hinged floorplate is solid steel. Trigger is adjustable (we, my FFL dealer, (Charles Thacker), and I, DID NOT change it in any way). From Magnum Research it felt like breaking glass - at 2 3/4 lbs superb-to put it mildly.

Magazine capacity is five in conventional chamberings and four in their magnum version. Plus one in the chamber. Chamberings are: .270, .280, .30-06, 7mm Rem Mag., .300 Win. Mag., .338 Win Mag., .300 Weatherby Mag., .340 Weatherby Mag., .357 H&H Mag, and .416 Rem. Mag. Then there is a Varmint Edition in a .222 Remington and a .223 Remington.

Nice receivers for under $400.00!

Regards.

Crispin,..thanks. How was the performance of the finished rifle? I know barrels/stocks and gunsmiths have a lot to do with that,..but how did those you had put together do on paper?

JustC,

I obviously but unintentionally, misled you with that last post. I copied/pasted that from Magnum Research's website.

I have not used one of the L-691's yet, although I did make a .222 Rem. HV rifle from an L-491 a couple of years ago. It performed better than I could have hoped. I used a Lothar-Walther barrel and bedded everything into an older Marlin M-2000 fiberglass stock which were originally used for a run of .22 LR rifles. The trigger was easily tuned and stayed tuned. It made a great prairie dog rifle.

Sorry for the confusion.

Best

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.