MAGNUM PUNCH in an '06

Looks pretty good!!

I am definitely interested!!

BRUCE......I'm hijacking my own thread:D, but here is the case I was referring to. 375 Ruger on L and 30/375 S.I. on R. Your .338 would just be a necked up version with around 98 grain capacity.......Rich DSCF0481.jpg

BRUCE......I'm hijacking my own thread:D, but here is the case I was referring to. 375 Ruger on L and 30/375 S.I. on R. Your .338 would just be a necked up version with around 98 grain capacity.......Rich View attachment 18109
Rich, i am trying to convince my Dad to rebarrel his 300 rum to your 30/375 S.I. he hates shooting his 300 rum. :rolleyes: it only weighs 7lbs scoped and has the tiny triangular barrel that the remmys came with so putting a brake on is almost impossable. I love studying your wildcats!!

Rich, i am trying to convince my Dad to rebarrel his 300 rum to your 30/375 S.I. he hates shooting his 300 rum. :rolleyes: it only weighs 7lbs scoped and has the tiny triangular barrel that the remmys came with so putting a brake on is almost impossable. I love studying your wildcats!!

Quit study'in 'em and start buy'in 'em:D This hobby of mine is spendy!!....Rich

I have a proposition for you guys who have a good shooting '06 but desire more punch. This is an inexpensive fix that will gain you around 200' with nothing more than a rechamber. You don't even have to set the barrel back. You use a 270 or 280 case necked up to 30, fireform, and have at it. You get an 11% increase in capacity, wsm velocity and great barrel life. I can reach 3100' with 190 grainers in a 28" barrel. You could expect to max out around 2950' with a 24". The case is a 300 Sherman and is compared to a .270 case in the pic.......RichView attachment 18013

I wish I these had been available when I built my .30-06AI some 8 years ago. However, my velocities are not too far behind what you are doing and right now it wouldn't make much sense to switch over.

I'm getting an honest and safe 3125 FPS from a 168g Berger VLD and 2915 FPS from a 190g VLD Using H4350. ( With a 26" bbl) Both bullets shoot one holers and are great Elk and Muley Medicine. So far I've taken Elk out to 550yds with no problems.

I love the concept and I can sure understand your excitement....

I'll watch this thead for more updates!

Dan

I wish I these had been available when I built my .30-06AI some 8 years ago. However, my velocities are not too far behind what you are doing and right now it wouldn't make much sense to switch over.

I'm getting an honest and safe 3125 FPS from a 168g Berger VLD and 2915 FPS from a 190g VLD Using H4350. ( With a 26" bbl) Both bullets shoot one holers and are great Elk and Muley Medicine. So far I've taken Elk out to 550yds with no problems.

I love the concept and I can sure understand your excitement....

I'll watch this thead for more updates!

Dan

Good job Dano.........Rich

Well, looks like the first 270 Sherman is in the works.

I'll post some info on the results when the project is completed!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.