MagnetoSpeed V3 Vs Labradar

What one would you buy

• Total voters
Ive been using the Magnetospeed for the last 2+ years & the only real complaint i have with it is the strap loosening up after a few shots. Now yes there is slight POI shift but after ive done my load development i just rezero my rifle & all is good.

Just recently (Tues., 8/20/19) received my LabRadar (LR) and I like it, a lot. I had only used the optical chrono's in the past and this unit, for me, is a bit easier to set up. I like the fact that I'm not limited because of ambient light. Some days I shoot and do load development all day and early morning and late afternoon were a no-go with the other units. Before 10am and after 3:30pm I would get funky, off the wall readings. That may have been just my location and setup. Either way, it is frustrating.
I have used the LR for 3 of my rifles (2 w/o muzzle breaks, 1 with) and it grabs data from each with ease and very little fuss. You have to account for muzzle position relative to the unit but other than that it's pretty intuitive.
One feature I wish the LR had is the ability to edit the Series name. Instead of "Series 001", I wish I could edit it to say load development data, such as: ".300WinMag/212-X/RL-26/74.2gn/BR2" or "6mmBR/105gnBerg/W760/32.4gn/CCI450". That would make it easier for ME to find and look at past loads and compare data.
So far I have only used it with my Samsung phone and the LR app (free on PlayStore) and it works good. Does anyone know if you can manipulate the data using the SD card?

Johnny,

Once the data has been moved to a computer you can manipulate it any way you'd like but when the sd goes back into the LR it will still show "series xxx". I typically just keep notes of what series was which weapon and load and then save it on my laptop accordingly. Each rifle I own and load for has its own folder in my reloading files of every series it shoots at this point since I set the LR up every time I shoot now.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.